Makeing DM bots ignore eachother in a volume?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Not with the scripts that commes with the game (correct me if i am whrong).
But making a script for it would be surrely fine.

Last edited:

D4rkNite

Mar 8, 2005
SubCog said:
what are you hoping to accomplish?
I am trying to make the bots less retarded. There is a few spots in my level where there are traps that are bascly movers in a constant loop that crushes things that happen to go under it. The problem is when a bot goes under the trap, he will stop under it and shoot at anybody in visual range. I want the bot to ignore everyone while he is under it so that he will keep going instead of standing there shooting and getting crushed.

I am not really an expert at UnrealScript though. A few weapon and game stat mutators is about all I have done. And yes I know how to subclass items in UEd. I am wondering what I would have to call from a new volume to overide the bots search for enemies...

D4rkNite

Mar 8, 2005
I already tried fear spot... nothing... they still want to stand and fight when another bot is around :(

sweeny

stick that in you phife and smoke it!!!
Nov 29, 2002
Leeds, UK
Visit site
humm well first off make sure you dont have any navigation actors under the mover, the editor might have also put a lift exit and lift center there thinking the mover is a lift but myself i would make a force path from one side of the mover to the other so the bots have to move from one side to the other, this can be easely done with path nodes by entering the properties and under navigation point open up the forced paths section add a path from one path node to the other that is on the other side and one from the opposit one, so the bots can move both ways but they have to move all the way