Power Outage

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
BeyondUnreal experienced a nasty power outage last night, causing some unexpected downtime. Everything is back up now, but our treasured record uptime of 307 days since our last reboot is his-to-ry. Everything's fine now (thanks to battery backup and a clean shutdown of the servers), so while we're catching up on news, you can hammer the forums!

UPDATE: More strong storms are expected this evening, so it's certainly possible that we'll be powering down again. Better safe than sorry!

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
BesigedB said:
get yourself a surge protected ups ;)

15 minutes is usually plenty of time for a cut

I used to think that too. Then I had 8 servers die on me after draining the UPSs. 7 of them were ok, the eighth had a word with my good friend Fubar and it was into the safe to dig out the backups :)