Unreal4Ever?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
I can't seem to find or DL it from anywhere - not fileplanet or anywhere. If anyone could give me a working DL, that'd be great!

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
U4E for 99 can be found on Fileplanet without problem I think. As for U4E for UT itselfe; It's fun to check all the weaps, but it never really catched on.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
XepptizZ said:
U4E for 99 can be found on Fileplanet without problem I think. As for U4E for UT itselfe; It's fun to check all the weaps, but it never really catched on.

Eh...
99..and UT?

There are two U4ET versions now =p ?

Hey, don't worry! You're on the UT forum, so it's OKEYDOKEY to call the game UT!

:D

Elegnaim

Sep 3, 2005
Never really liked UT4E myself. I found weapon balance issues, and some of the weapons were rather ugly looking. Also, every time I've installed it, I've never been able to UNinstall it.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Strange, fileplanet links show me no free server now for any U4E for UT content.
But on another note, i remember those [sarcasm]intelligent[/sarcasm] people at fileplanet deleted without a warning all the mods/skins/everything related to the game Ghost Recon on PC from their server.
And as fileplanet was the host of the huge majority of Ghost Recon mods, a very ton of really superb mods were lost 1/2 months earlier, making lot of people very happy (not) with fileplanet.
Just ask Ghost Recon addicts what they think of Fileplanet :)

Working mirrors (i just tested) of Unreal 4 Ever UT

U4E version 600 (the blend weapon mod)
Click There

U4E patch 602 (needed as version 600 has several bugs)
Click There

U4E Fortress (full mod , improved version of U4E, no need of Uthe old 4E 602)
Click There

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Most of the UT4E weapon models look like crap though.
At first, I didn't really care.. or seem to notice (talking about waaaaay back) but really...
The melee weapons look ok though.

XepptizZ

May 17, 2004
In solitude
NeoNite said:
Most of the UT4E weapon models look like crap though.
At first, I didn't really care.. or seem to notice (talking about waaaaay back) but really...
The melee weapons look ok though.
Yeah, they were visually lacking, but I did learn a lot from them, like "Don't let the player customize weapons!"

As for the meleeweapons, they might lok good, but it just doesn't work with third person. They did include custom content only and especially the new sounds made the difference for me. Still, it were to many weapons wich was hard to balance. I just played them to check out the cool new Firing functions.

The Zapper2 was really cewl and the idea of the new railgun2 was pretty hot to.

If your PC is up for it, you should really try out PsiWeaponsdream. it might not look as hot as ChaosUT, but the new sounds and new fyringFX's really work nice and It's really balanced IMO. I played that mod more tahn any other and not jsut to "be there, done taht" but really because I enjoyed it. Talking all about it makes me itch for another match with it.

XepptizZ

May 17, 2004
In solitude
And about taht UT99 stuff, at a diff forum the n00bs barg right in and consider UT to be UT2k4. I like UT best :)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Just messing around, it looked a silly. It was as if you were talking about two UT games ;O)

You're right about the third person thing. The melee weapons move, related to the player's movements, weird. Like the katana, or eh.. thors' hammer (?) and the axe.
(Katana is most fun, though)

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... most mods for UT are crap in the end. TC's are especially accurate on this statement. I don't recal 1 (one) that survived to actually be extensively played and enjoyed... much like the better part of mods for UT2004 it seems (but there's one or two good). Overall, lack of real playtesting (out of bounding fanboy's crap i.e. real crithics) made most mods a terrible waste of time and effort - for those who made them, and for those that look for them and [hope to] play them...

... that said, U4E (Fortress or not) sucks. AirFightUT sucks. Unreal Fortress sucks. TTR sucks. Any major mod you can possibly recall and say its a nice mod... wait 2 seconds and actually think *what* you play of them, if you do...

... look for JailBreak, MonsterHunt, and a few others... that's the only good thing you'll ever get from mod community from UT... and ChaosUT sucks...

EDIT: also... take a look at Unrealsp.org - community made [imposed over bitchy EPIC] singleplayer options: a whole world of SP gameplay awaits...

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Let's see : everything you don't like sucks/is crap for you ?

Obviously obvious :D

Last edited:

XepptizZ

May 17, 2004
In solitude
I agree on most things Nahand, but TTR was pretty fun IMO. And Psiweaponsdream is a real good weaponsmute for UT. As for the SP's, I've played them all and liked them. Well, maybe not SpatialFear, too ambitious I think.

And ChaosUT is an interesting thing, overhyped and too many peeps going "Wow, itz da 13370rz!!!". It does look leet and has many original aspects, just some bad points.

A weapon should have one weaponslot, not 3 to accomadate the many ammotypes,
And the idea to give the one being hit a disadvantage (Utilitygun with freeze ammo, Posion arrows, remember?) is all wrong, you haven't trained months with UT to become a sitting duck, coz a newbie has hit you.
Weapons should mostly give the shooter an advantage, rapid fire, splashdamage, scope, thermalvision.

And some other annoying things about Chaos, the Crossbow with the immensly slow reload time. I zoom in, shoot, see a guy flashing before my screen, I want to zoom out, but can't because the crossbow has te reload before I can zoom out.

And the idea to cycle through the weapons and ammo so all of them can be incorporated in the map, bad idea, I mean, I didn't remember every item of the map only for CHaos to mess up my planning.

Anyways, enough bitchin about Chaos, coz the animations, skins and models do look absolutly aces. Still it's in my "Seen it, done taht" catagory.

Psiweapons rule!

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
Nahand, maybe you should admire the modders because they tried. While I agree that some are....subpar, there's no reason to be overly critical. Once one mods for the first time, they'll understand what I'm talking about.

Maybe being a modder myself creates bias toward that end, but really look at what they had to do. Airfight, for example. There is no original vehicle code for UT- they had to create it.

Last edited:

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... nice to hear that from you Xep, especially considering you're on a mod work right now :) ... MrBond, that's the sad part: most mods have undoubtedly hard work put to them, and they *do* excel at some points (the [some] models of ChaosUT are good example of modeling and skinning, even animation if you will) but the end result in terms of gameplay is nill... teorethically good, but just 'ok' while playing, and then forget about it after a few weeks... this situation happens with the absolutely better part of mods i've seen for UT, and that's what bothers me as a player...

... to give an example of my taste (i can remember out of nothing), NeoCairo was cool and different, but it had just too much 'unpolished' (?) stuff, and the authors eventually just moved on the UT2004 (an understandable move). The "product" UT players got in their hands barely reaches the enjoyable lesser limit. That happens with overall TC's and with simpler mods as well - despite all the effort and dedication i have no doubt the authors have put in them...