Will UC make it onto the PC?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Will we see Unreal Championship on the PC?

• Yeah, I think it will.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Nah, I don't think so.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • I'm not sure yet.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • What's the point anyway? We'll have U2!

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
It might clash a bit with Unreal 2, but if launched at the right time, UC would make a nice stopgap between Unreal 2 and Unreal Warfare.

Whatcha think?

SludgeX

Jul 9, 2001
Chicagoland, IL
Visit site
Sorry Zaccix, it ain't gonna happen

Microsoft and Digital Extemes already signed an exclusivity contract for UC on the X-Box. And I highly doubt Microsoft will let DE out of said contract. Besides, even if the exclusivity contract with MS expires in, oh... let's say 2 years. By then Unreal Warfare should either be already out, or on the verge of release, making the PC release of UC somewhat pointless.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
I guess DE/Epic/Infogrames signed a contract with Microsoft that says that UC will be exclusive on Xbox for at least 1/2 year after release.

But once they've sold enough Xboxes and enough copies of UC for Xbox it will be ported to PC, I'm sure. Technically the Xbox virtually is a PC, so the work for DE to port it to PC will be minimal.

Boogey

Talvin Singh fanboy
Aug 31, 2000
Visit site
Originally posted by Neo Matrix
well then i can get it then

if its on the pc................

...and this is why I don't think it'll be out for PC. MS don't want to send out the signal, that u can just wait 6-12 months and u'll be able to get the games on pc. A killer game lives for longer than a year (e.g. UT) and many would be happy to wait and save the expense of buying the xbox. I know I would.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
There's really nothing keeping DE from "repackaging" and adding a few levels or something and releasing it for the PC. I think that Microsoft just wants to have a window of exclusivity, not prevent DE from making a fair profit by releasing it on other platforms (escpecially non-console platforms)

I believe that if anything, Epic won't want to oversaturate it's market.. especially since UW would follow it.

tobler1

Aug 27, 2001
London, UK
www.geocities.com
erm, Emulators!!!, and don't give me that 'but the PC couldn't handle it' argument, 'cos it will eventually be able to, unless the X-box is less advanced, which I don't know, 'cos I don't care about computer technology specifics...
So it will be out for the PC, eventually, however legally... probably...

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
i'm not buying an x-box just for uc. halo was going to be x-box only, now a pc version has been confirmed as coming soon...
i see uc making the pc in the not-too distant future

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
pc's could handle it but i'v never heard of a dreamcast emulator myself so i have doubts

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Originally posted by Master_Blaster[MASTER
PC's out now can handle any game biult for the X-Box.

The X-Box is about 733Mhz processor (i think) and an enhanced GF3 made especally for it.

PC's can handle it, but how many people do you really think have the PC to run these games? You need a GeForce 3 and a DvD drive or you cant even consider yourself for even being able to play a Xbox game on your PC.

And you were right about the system specs for the Xbox. The GeForce 3 on the Xbox is a bit more powerful then the current GF3's on the PC right now though.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
average system specs are
P3 800 / athlon 800
at least 128 mb ram
dvd drive
GeForce 2

that spec i would say by my guess is about average. It's not far off the x-box specs, except the graphics, so i'd say most people do have a system comparable to the x-box