Map Scaling not working..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nick89

Mr High Ping
Dec 20, 2004
Well i just realised the map I am working on (My first map ever) is just a little too big so I wanted to use the Map Scaling feature.. I type in my value (0.75) set everything to true and click OK - and nothing happens... Whats the trick to this?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/MapScale

Wiki said:
Select all brushes and actors, then click on Tools → Scale Map, enter a factor and click OK.
Just tried it myself because I'd never done it before... Be wary. This works for BSP fine, but it totally screws up any and all other actors like static meshes and fluid surfaces. What kind of map is it, and how do you know it's too big?

Last edited:

nick89

Mr High Ping
Dec 20, 2004
Its lucky cause i am only in the BSP stages of this map. Its a CTF map and I know its to big because I Placed a Pawn->UnrealPawn->XPawn in my map to see how my scale was. (Granted I should of done this first).

Thanks for the advice.

nick89

Mr High Ping
Dec 20, 2004
Ok I am having some trouble with the selection:
If i choose select all actors then is scales down the wireframe of the map but not the actual surfaces when I do it.
If I select all surfaces Scale Map does nothing :eek:

nick89

Mr High Ping
Dec 20, 2004
Awesome, thanks for all of your help.

BTW: I think your map work is awesome :)