Respawners of the world unite! The Respawner's Manifesto

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
MANIFESTO OF THE RESPAWNERS

A spectre is haunting the world - the spectre of respawning. All the powers of old world have entered into a holy alliance to exorcise this spectre.

Where is the clan in opposition that has not been decried as Respawners by its opponents in power? Where is the opposition that has not hurled back the branding reproach of respawning, against the more
advanced opposition clans, as well as against its reactionary adversaries?

Two things result from this fact:

I. Respawning is already acknowledged by all world powers to be itself a power.

II. It is high time that respawners should openly, in the face of the whole world, publish their views, their aims, their tendencies, and meet this nursery tale of the spectre of respawning with a manifesto of the clan itself.

To this end, respawners of various nationalities have assembled in irc and sketched the following manifesto, to be published in English language.

In what relation do the Respawners stand to the community as a whole?
The Respawners do not form a separate party opposed to the other UT clans.

They have no interests separate and apart from those of the community as a whole.
They do not set up any sectarian principles of their own, by which to shape and mold the community movement.
The Respawners are distinguished from the other UT clans by this only:

(1) In the national struggles of the community members of the different countries, they point out and bring to the front the common interests of the entire community, independently of all nationality.

(2) In the various stages of development which the struggle of the respawning class against the bourgeoisie has to pass through, they always and everywhere represent the interests of the movement as a whole.

The Respawners, therefore, are on the one hand practically, the most advanced and resolute section of the UT clans of every country, that section which pushes forward all others; on the other hand, theoretically, they have over the great mass of the community
the advantage of clearly understanding the lines of march, the conditions, and the ultimate general results of the community movement.

The immediate aim of the Respawners is the same as that of all other UT clans: Formation of the community into a class, overthrow of the 1337-clans' supremacy, conquest of political power by the Respawners.
The theoretical conclusions of the Respawners are in no way based on ideas or principles that have been invented, or discovered, by this or that would-be universal reformer.

In place of the old 1337-clans' society, with its classes and class antagonisms, we shall have an association in which the free development of each is the condition for the free development of all.

In short, the Respawners everywhere support every revolutionary movement against the existing social and political order of things.
Finally, they labor everywhere for the union and agreement of the fairplay clans of all countries.

The Respawners disdain to conceal their views and aims. They openly declare that their ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing social conditions. Let the ruling classes tremble at a Respawner's revolution. The Respawners have nothing to lose but their flags. They have a world to win.

Respawning men of all countries, unite!

Signed,
8-4-7-2 of clan Respawners United

Last edited:

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
Dinae Mensa, Tharsis Regio
namu.free.fr
You copied this from Karl Marx or some Communist Party, didn't you 8-4-7-2 ? :D And the nreplaced Workers with Respawners, Work with Respawn, UT Clans with Social Classes, 1337'clans with Higher Social Classes...

busted :D

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
It was intended to be an amusing parody. You may start laughing now, and the following report has been sent to Headquarters.
Bah, some people have no sense of humour. Just make sure Namu is on the opposite team tomorrow so I can frag him lots. :)
/me starts polishing shock rifle ;)

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
So what you are saying is that you are challenging ]LoL[ for clan tags in next weeks PuF match of the week? :D

Is that what you said? ;)

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
That's the Communist Manifest by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels slightly altered. You can get the original here
I know that the replacement of "proletariat" with "community" (the 1337clans are also part of it) is inaccurate, but I couldn't think of something better. You are welcome to tell me alternatives.

little darlin: If you'd actually read it, you'd see that a lot of it was true for that time. It was only 140 years ago.

Namu: And another reason is that I weakend the enemy by walking into their line of fire. When they came to you they only had 10 health left ;)

ben harkins

Mar 29, 2001
Visit site
Thanks for the history lesson 8-7-4-2, I have read it, I only thought it was the situationist international because what you were practicing is called detournement, which is a concept invented by the situationist movement. They were followers of Marx and detourned the communist manifesto for their own purposes. You might enjoy the situationists as they are at least a hell of alot sexier than Marx. I recommend you read "Lipstick traces" as a good starting point.Sorry for the boring political post folks.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Hey 8-4-7-2

Your 'rise of the respawners' (which you must have spent an ungodly amount of time writing) fails to take into account the biggest problem of the overthrowing of the bourgeoisie by a the underclass; that is when the revolution has occured the underprivileged are suddenly thrust into the leadership role and become exactly the same as their predecessors. Humans can't handle the responsibility. As the Respawners struggle for control, they will not notice the fact that they eventually cease to be 'Respawners' in the truest sense and more like their previous oppressors as they fill the position of power.

As a bonafide respawner, I demand only the respect of my betters and the permittance to work in a way that encourages creative freedom. Thank you.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Re: Hey 8-4-7-2

Originally posted by Pineconeboy
Your 'rise of the respawners' (which you must have spent an ungodly amount of time writing) fails to take into account the biggest problem of the overthrowing of the bourgeoisie by a the underclass; that is when the revolution has occured the underprivileged are suddenly thrust into the leadership role and become exactly the same as their predecessors. Humans can't handle the responsibility. As the Respawners struggle for control, they will not notice the fact that they eventually cease to be 'Respawners' in the truest sense and more like their previous oppressors as they fill the position of power.

As a bonafide respawner, I demand only the respect of my betters and the permittance to work in a way that encourages creative freedom. Thank you.

This is strangely prophetic, now that I can remember how much I sucked ass back when I wrote it. :D