Small Details UT2k7 Should Have...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Exoddus

Jan 3, 2006
First of all, I'm new to this forum ,I've been playing Unreal for quite a while, even thou I'm still not exactly good at it... anyways back to the topic..

I've heard that UT is a launch game for the PS3 and I think that's really cool, I do wonder if PC will be able to play the PS3 online (since PS3 is kinda like OpenSource)... anyways

1) When Characters are struck by weapons, like the Flak or the Ripjack (if it's back...), the pieces could be stuck to their bodies, so if you encouter them again...you could see it... (i think that would be neat)

2) I'm sure EPIC came up with more weapons than those that we saw in UT and UT2k4, but just never really made it past the concept art or into the game, I think that they should release those concepts and see what people think... The ripjack must come back... :D

3) From the Original Unreal, they should bring back DarkMatches... I think it would be awesome to go out in a dark level with a flashlight and fight your foes.

4) Since there will be clans and suches, just in a more organized manner, they should do something like, your clan symbol can be uploaded and others would see it on your character (Flag for sure) or next to your name... (like a little icon)

Well, for now those are all the simple nifty little ideas I had...

gades

The Grudge Master!
Nov 20, 2004
Behind you biatch!!
Only problem with the ripjack nowadays is the types of maps we'll be playing. As opposed to smallish rooms with corridors like in the original ut, ut2004 and ut2007 will have largish, open areas, most probably terrain maps, where the ripjack would be mostly inneffective. Also, people would be complaining about it's spam ability, much like these players (who whore the lg and shock like there's no tomorrow) complain about the flak and even mini.

I myself thought the ripjack was a cool and funny weapon, but I'm not expecting it to return.

Dark matches would be interesting too, a hitscan fest would be really difficult in the dark.
:D

truegamer

Jul 25, 2005
Seconding the dark match. I loved that mode, and was dissapointed that the original Unreal shipped with only one dark map. they should've made dark versions of all the DM maps, especially Deck16.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
That would've been a waste of space.
Besides, there are a couple of darkmatch mutators for UT. EavyDM being among the best. And UT sure is worth getting.

And if you get the oldskool mod, you can easily recreate the true, original Unreal feel.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
All i want is to see clan pics on the models while playing on servers like flames or something for one clan on the sholder!

Exoddus

Jan 3, 2006
I think DarkMatches should come back on UT2k7 because of the graphics, with realtime shadows and such, it would add a better feel to it.

I agree on Deck16, it's my favorite map. Let's hope ..."Deck 18..." will keep the same feel. (Deck17 really didn't feel the same)

Anyways, I think the ripjack could come back, simple...if you dont like it, don't use it. I'm sure it would be useless against the tanks or cars in Onslaught, or in that new gametype, but still, I miss shooting the disks down the corridors of DMCurse.

I really want to play Unreal Championship 2, I want to see how the weapons feel in that game. Right now, I have seen lots of videos and been to the website and I have to say that I kinda dont like what they did to the shock rifle, I hope that UT2k7 can have a mutator which will let it be oldschool.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
gades said:
Also, people would be complaining about it's spam ability, much like these players (who whore the lg and shock like there's no tomorrow) complain about the flak and even mini.

Dark matches would be interesting too, a hitscan fest would be really difficult in the dark.
:D
You Just became my new best friend. I'm sick of people complaining about my fave weapon (mini gun). Its been weakend so much, that you have to load 200 rounds into a person if they have a shield. < 50 rounds without a shield is fine, but it shouldn't take 4 times that just for 100 shield.

This tradium gun better not be even more weak than the current mini gun, thats for sure.

Also the dark match mut in UT was awesome. I just hope someone brings it back for 2k7.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
It would be great, if you weren't surrounded by a large volume of light. As in the early darkmatch mutators.
You should be equiped with a "buggy" searchlight, which is similar to the one from the 7bullets mod.

Or total darkness. Maybe have your eyes lit up every once in a while.

Exoddus

Jan 3, 2006
About the Darkmatches I was really thinking the exactly the same thing as the Original DarkMatches... with the searchlight you can turn off and on...

They could perhaps make it a team game too.. with colored searchlights or something of the sort.

I bought Republic Commando hoping it would have some sort of ahh Unreal Ed , anyways, for multiplayer you could kinda customize your character. Like changing the helmet a little or adding what looks like useless ammo packages (just to make you look tough). I think unreal should really have something of that sort. In Ut2k4 they had same mesh but just different textures, but with these small addons it could give the player more...ahh..expression almost.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Exoddus said:
I bought Republic Commando hoping it would have some sort of ahh Unreal Ed , anyways, for multiplayer you could kinda customize your character. Like changing the helmet a little or adding what looks like useless ammo packages (just to make you look tough). I think unreal should really have something of that sort. In Ut2k4 they had same mesh but just different textures, but with these small addons it could give the player more...ahh..expression almost.
I thought I read something about changeable armor in that OPM article. Though that article was so full of crap you could probably smell it from Mars. :p

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Neophoenix said:
This tradium gun better not be even more weak than the current mini gun, thats for sure.

If it's anything like UC2, the Stinger will over heat after 15-30 rounds, causing the crystals fired after to become even more deadly. And the 2ndry ability is like Halo's Needler, althougth less pink.

Neophoenix said:
Also the dark match mut in UT was awesome. I just hope someone brings it back for 2k7.

Sounds quite good, any dark maps for UT2004 apart from ONS-TorlanNights?

Last edited:

stas

Oct 18, 2005
Neophoenix said:
I thought I read something about changeable armor in that OPM article. Though that article was so full of crap you could probably smell it from Mars. :p
Chagable armor will be really cool, imagine if u start clothes only ul have like 25 hp :p

Cobblepot

Dec 16, 2005
Exoddus said:
I think DarkMatches should come back on UT2k7 because of the graphics, with realtime shadows and such, it would add a better feel to it.

I agree on Deck16, it's my favorite map. Let's hope ..."Deck 18..." will keep the same feel. (Deck17 really didn't feel the same)

Deck 16 was so much better than Deck17.
U could hide in total darkness and just sit there, no one would see you.
Deck17 is just to bright, which makes it a run and gun fest.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Cobblepot said:
Deck 16 was so much better than Deck17.
U could hide in total darkness and just sit there, no one would see you.
Deck17 is just to bright, which makes it a run and gun fest.
That's just how UT2kx was made. everything was too bright. I personaly liked Deck 17 over Deck 16. I would rather see a great remake of a map with it's own feel, and the same game play, than a map that looks like every other port of the map.

Deck 16 was perfect for UT's set up and Deck 17 was perfect from UT2kx's set up. If you wan't to play Deck 16 the way it use to be played, then load up UT.

stas

Oct 18, 2005
I liked more deck-17, When i play 2k4 i feel The Unreal game, dodging from walls to avoid projectiles at same time doing shock combos...When i played Ut99 it was just a bit better than quake games it was very spamy with 6 rockets stupid powerups impact hammer and chainsaw(so weird in a shooter game) and no fast movements, The only ut99 maps i liked was big maps like Kitchen,Bedroom or Instagib maps like Double dome, kitchen2004 and etc...
Edit:
And i would like that in 2007 u dont get always killed when u get hit by a vehicule like maybe half lifes or sumthing

Last edited:

Exoddus

Jan 3, 2006
The whole hide in the dark and sneak is kinda fun in Deck16. That's why I liked darkmatches... but I do agree that Deck17 suits the needs for Ut2k4, still.... the equivalent on Ut2k7 should have the original feel...darker.

Anyways...

I think they should bring back the hand meshes on the gun...
On Ut2k4 you could see the parts of the character "pop" when you fragged them, I feel they could just...Pop the arms, animate them, and have them in the game. So... if you're playing with a custom mesh, you could see whatever you hand actually looks like around the handle

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
@ Exoddus,
That would be a great feature the, BW HUD arms don't exactly scream large cybernetic dragon at you (not ranting about it, just an example of what we're limited to now).

@ RamBowjo,
Leather clad Juggenaut hanging from the ceiling :lol:
*Merc walks underneath*
*squash*

Last edited: