AKcoop2 released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
AKcoop2 is a coop game mutator designed for Unreal 1, that makes the standard game much harder and includes mutated monsters, new weapons and a couple of new pickup items, including a hoverbot(player controlled flying machine).

Rebelskaarj(followers) and spitfire fight on your side to help combat all the new enemies which were released in the original AKcoop along with a couple of new ones

To a certain extent you can design your own monsters give the monsters modded weapons or projectiles, give them a texture, name them, change some of their settings etc.

Using the naligod add your favourite weapons, inventory or modded items and guns directly to the game itself.
For more features read the readme.

Highly configurable.

Storyline

Since the last time you visited Na Pali the planet has been re-enforced with additional monsters now patrolling the skies, the water, and the surface of the planet. A few mutated creatures also patrol where none existed before. However some Skaarj are not happy with the new military regime. Rebel skaarj may be found along the way, hiding in barrels, pots, boxes etc and will give u aid when needed.
Rebel Skaarj are well known in high command and traps have been laid in case you search them out. Death Hunters and Pack Hunters also lay in wait for and unsuspecting victim. With the re-enforcement of Na Pali a lot more hardware is stored here and there, But then are you willing to search for it? :))

Available here
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/napali
http://ammo.at/napali

Submitted to filesplanet and planet unreal, but then thats if theyre still interested in Unreal 1 mods :)

Cheers
Asgard

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
So far I've played it on an unreal server, with 3 and Cardiologist.
And on 3's monsterhunt, Ut co-op server.

And it's fun! I can only strongly recommend downloading this mutator if you like challenging and fun games.

The spitfire is a nice addition, I remember this one from the previous time I played akcoop2.

Seeing the rebel actually follow you and teleport to your location (nice effect!) was simply great.

They're strong though :O) I released two rebels and one spitfire at the start of Noork and they cleaned up all monsters (It was on the DK map, I think they even managed fragging the megatitan in a matter of no time).

But no complaints.

I wouldn't set the rebel to opening barrels though :)

The hoverbot!
This one is sweet. We've been testing this thing:

Just activate the bot, then you or someone else jump on the bot and go for a ride :O) So far we've done this in Skytown and Sunspire. And is it fun or what :D

This mutator is definitaly worth a download people :tup:

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
Nice. It took some time, I hope the bugs / crashes are fixed now. I always liked AKCoop and AKCoop2 is even better. Especially the configurability is a big plus in version 2.
News added to my news page!

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Hi guys

Thanks for the great reviews and links to your news :)

Made it to PlanetUnreal news May 5th aswell, which was a buzz. Sent to filesplanet but not showing yet, I may have to resend it.

Yeah Rebels are stronger but I got tired of the evols beating them up.. They fight evols differently to the other pawns also.. One of the reasons theyre stronger is to allow for any modified monsters the admin might add (no point them dying on the first blow)..
Also youll find that now theyre followers, theyre in constant battle so they dont last tooo long. I seen a titan squash 4 in one throw of his rocks and a Deathhunter kill 3 and myself in two shots heh. A lot depends on circumstances. No point to have them follow if they die in the first battle.

cheers

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Hyper said:
Nice. It took some time, I hope the bugs / crashes are fixed now. I always liked AKCoop and AKCoop2 is even better. Especially the configurability is a big plus in version 2.
News added to my news page!

Well the reason it was beta was so I could fix any bugs I came across. Really I dont think people know how buggy our little coop game actually is..

The problem with AKcoop monsters is that theyre a subclass of scriptedpawn (which has bugs ) which is a subclass of pawn (which also has bugs) , in turn some of the engine functions (c++) also cause crashes and were later fixed in UT.. Doesnt help us much. Every single scriptedpawn comes with some nasty bugs that cause crashes.. So if AKcoop adds 5 times the amount of monsters in theory you could expect 5 times the amount of crashes.

The other problems are that theres also other crashes going on aswell.. Such as admins which would cause the majority of crashes, faulty playerpawn scripts, even the flashlight can cause crashes.. Tarydium barrels with errors etc etc ect The list goes on.

For example I can go to any standard server and crash it withing 5 minutes (without admin access) Thats the nature of our game :) and people would be doing this without knowing it.

As far as AKcoop goes.. yeah a lot of these things have been fixed, but not the entire unreal.. Ive only fixed whats AK related and what was reported to me or found myself..Some bugs that arent AK related I left alone.

In the end tho, things seem to be quite stable and with all the extra monsters and extra settings it seems to be running longer than a standard game.. :)

cheers

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I've been messing around a bit with the rebelskaarj.
I've summoned a couple of dozen in:

- DKTrench (They simply owned the megatitan in 2 seconds. 70 rebels :D...)
- DkSkytown (Was this fun to watch or what! Try it! Summon 30-40 rebels)
- DkSpirevillage (Ownage :D Serious ownage. Them poor pupae ;-)...)
- DkHarobed (They overrun the pathetic krall troops. Every single one ended up as a "small pile of gibs".

Btw, I let 28 spitfires fly around in Dktrench. They owned the other megatitan :D...

Attachments

• rebelownage.JPG
    rebelownage.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 37
  • RebelinvasionDKTrench08.JPG
    RebelinvasionDKTrench08.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 37
  • RebelinvasionDKTrench02!!.JPG
    RebelinvasionDKTrench02!!.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 42

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Hyper said:
Yes. The original Unreal is still very buggy. I wonder why Epic did not / does not fix those.

Well first I gotta say Ive found epics support to be A1.. even after all these years when other games have come and gone they still run the master servers and answer tech support.

Im sure some at Epic would like to make a patch for us but as a business theyre limited to a budget and have to service their current projects. They have to do this as survival as a viable software company.. In return I guess we get new games.

The bugs that are current to a coop game were never fixed and beleive the last fix was at 224 (perhaps 220), as scriptedpawns werent needed in future projects such as UT..

Engine fixes would be great of course, but as you see with UT theres a fix each patch that we dont have..A lot of these address the crashes that are common to Unreal1

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
Asgard said:
Well first I gotta say Ive found epics support to be A1.. even after all these years when other games have come and gone they still run the master servers and answer tech support.

Im sure some at Epic would like to make a patch for us but as a business theyre limited to a budget and have to service their current projects. They have to do this as survival as a viable software company.. In return I guess we get new games.

The bugs that are current to a coop game were never fixed and beleive the last fix was at 224 (perhaps 220), as scriptedpawns werent needed in future projects such as UT..

Engine fixes would be great of course, but as you see with UT theres a fix each patch that we dont have..A lot of these address the crashes that are common to Unreal1

If they already made those fixes for UT it's probably relatively easy to make them for Unreal, because they share the same engine version. About the budget: They should have some budget for it, with the huge sales of Unreal 1, UT and UT200x. At least, it's not impossible for them. But they probably are only busy with the current and future versions.