UE3 - UT3 Movable spotlights

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

suckafish666

Mar 18, 2011
I'm working on a indoor/ outdoor level. the level has lights on the inside and dark when you are outside. I wanted to have triggers turn on and attach spotlights to the players once they get outside ( like watchtowers when someone escapes from prison). I have the trigger done to turn on the lights in kismet, my problem is how to get the lights to turn off the player when they die and how to stop one player from triggering all lights on one player. Thank you for any help.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
I do not believe there is a class of light that distinguishes between players, much less function like you'd want online. (no network supported logic). The only real implementation you're likely to achieve is an offline experience for a single player in the level.

suckafish666

Mar 18, 2011
Thank you for the quick response. I had hopes that I would have been able to achieve it some way with kismet. I have been trying to work out this issue for 3 days so far, for my class project.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
There is very little kismet in UT3 that will work in a network environment, especially when it involves players. Unless you want to be looking into building specific network compatible kismet/script for it you're likely not going to solve this.

Mind you, this is coming from someone who, beyond using a lot of kismet, doesn't know anything about network-related kismet.

deviouska24de

Dec 1, 2011
easy fix

firs, when you choose the light, make sure you use it as an interpActor.
2. In its properties change collision to touch all.

in Kismet start with a touch switch when the player comes into contact with the light, it will trigger an event. If you make that event an attach to, then the light will follow him. to remove the light on death or distance, just use a test for player death, and say if the player in the light dies, teleoprt to begining

for distance have a counter every few second measure the distance if it goes about teleport light back. as for triggers, you can specify who uses what tripper, or you could but each lite on its own trigger

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
^ CTF-Searchlight

It doesn't actually use a spot light though, just the light cone points at the flag carrier.