Steam summer sale

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
If you can withstand the 1996-ish immersion, sluggish animations/shooting, L4D sound recycling, then yes, I suppose.
immersion?
it's a zombie killing game that you play with friends who are most likely yelling profanity the whole time. it's not supposed to be immersive. it's supposed to be fun :p

sluggish animations will depend on your computer power and connection speed.
L4D sound effects? who cares? it's just a mod.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Operation Flashpoint was one of my favorite games ever. There was NOTHING like it at the time.

Then came ArmA which was an evolution on Operation Flashpoint, but a lot of the magic was lost. Probably because it was no longer original and I had grown older and more cynical. Still a great game though.

I bought ArmA II long ago but I must admit that I kind of quit after a day because I saw nothing new. Same clunky controls, same bugs, same awful fragmented voices "ALL.... MOVE TO TREE.... SIX OCLOCK".

I kind of wish they would completely rewrite the game engine to make it a more polished and fluid experience. Bring it up to date!

Hopefully ArmA III addresses some of my complaints. The fact that it has diving and submarines makes my pants wet, no pun.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
immersion?
it's a zombie killing game that you play with friends who are most likely yelling profanity the whole time. it's not supposed to be immersive. it's supposed to be fun :p

sluggish animations will depend on your computer power and connection speed.
L4D sound effects? who cares? it's just a mod.

To each their own I guess, I am personally not convinced after all the videos I've seen of it.
I play L4D on a pretty much daily basis, it feels like a downgrade to the core.

I know this mod is about the fun with friends, but fortunately I also have that in L4D.

Last edited:
Bought Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead myself to tryout DayZ. If I have ever played a mod deserves the title of "ghetto rigged", it's DayZ. It's in alpha though so whatever, I can let it slide for now. Between the bugginess of arma and dayz it's kind of frustrating, but the mod is cool otherwise.

And yeah, the L4D sounds are probably just them being lazy.

Fully agreed on the "ghetto-rigged" descriptive. I'm dying to try it out again, but I REFUSE to log in only to be told to go scramble around DLing more files to match up with servers, finding fully loaded servers, ..with no players on them... or 1 out of 346873000 files out of sync or misnumbered.

Not to mention the couple nights I DID get to play were horrifyingly short and brutal. No hope, no ammo, no stealth element to assist in hiding from zombos.. just spawn in to at least 3 looking directly at me... fire off the bare minimum of "save my ass from being eaten" shots and attract 89685746734769790560 more zombos.

Totally pointless to bother with this until it's out of Beta.. IF it ever gets there.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Picked up Walking Dead and Rage the other day. Luckily there is nothing today that interests me which I don't already own. I will hold onto a little bit of my money, thank god.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Lots of DLC in the past couple of days, but since my last update:

Dungeon Defenders DLC - Lost Eternia Shards Complete, Series EV Hero, Summoner Hero - finally a sale on Lost Eternia DLC!

Shoot Many Robots - looks like a real fun co-op shooter

Stacking - Double Fine... 'nuff said

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record - holy cow... Capcom finally has it at a reasonable price

FEAR 3 - I have the first two. This may be the weakest, but the set is complete

Total War: Shogun 2 - Limited Edition DLC (Hattori Clan) - looked interesting. Ninjas!

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
FEAR 3 - I have the first two. This may be the weakest, but the set is complete
I dunno, FEAR2 is a pretty good contender for "weakest"
Yea it is screwy that upgrades to health/BTmeter are acquired via level ups versus searching for vials/etc
I also prefer the feel of the weapons in 3 over 2

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I only got Alice Madness Returns and Alan Wake.

Hrmmm.

Dem single player games.

Batman pack yesterday $25

Metro 2033 yesterday $5

Thief collection today $6

STALKER collection today $12

Damn this sale is starting to get to me... at least the STALKER games have mods out for them.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I bought more games than I know what to do with.

The Darkness II
LA Noire
Max Payne 3
PAYDAY: The Heist
STALKER: Call of Pripyat
Saints Row 3
Terraria

All of that for the price of one brand new game. :D

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Alice: Madness Returns
Batman: Arkham City
Bejeweled 3
Blocks That Matter
Serious Sam 3
Super Meat Boy
Thief: Deadly Shadows
The Tiny Big Bang Story

And the Cyan Complete Pack:

Cosmic Osmo
Manhole
Myst V
Myst: Masterpiece Edition
RealMyst
Riven
Spelunx
Uru: Complete Chronicles

There goes my paycheck!

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I dunno, FEAR2 is a pretty good contender for "weakest"
Yea it is screwy that upgrades to health/BTmeter are acquired via level ups versus searching for vials/etc
I also prefer the feel of the weapons in 3 over 2

Not so sure about that.

FEAR 2 actually had some pretty legitimate scares while FEAR 3 is nothing but run and gun. The supermarket wasn't even that frightening to me

FEAR 3 has some pretty massive muddy textures going on compared to the overall crispness of the last game. The graphics are not really that good. 4x AA is broken causing the game to tank to 30 fps or below while FEAR 2 enjoys a solid 60 at the same setting.

Honestly if FEAR 3 didn't have coop, it would have been one and done for me.