UT2K4 bot tech question. Aerial acrobatics

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

barballs

Packed with Unreal goodness
May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
Hey all

I have a technical question about bot control. Is there anyone who knows how to get bots to wall dodge at certina points in a level. I have them trying but they seem to try and double jump instead.

Under JumpDest: I have
bForceDoubleJump = false.

Under JumpSpot I have
BDodgeUp = true and,
bCanDoubleJump = true

Is there anything else I can do? do I need to indicate a surface to dodge off of or something? Is it even possible?

barballs

May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
Is this so simple that nobody wants to waste their time sharing how to do it?
Or
Does anyone even have any idea at all?

Anything at all would be a great help. I think it would greatly improve bot play for those who cant play online or even those who just want a good quick skirmish.

thanks

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I'm not really seeing a need to try and make the bots walldodge. It shouldn't make it any easier for them to get items or whatever; it's just a defensive move that they do on their own accord.

RFairey

King of the Faireys
Aug 2, 2000
Somewhere Else
Visit site
What difficulty setting do they start doing it at? You'll have to put the difficulty level above a certain point before the bots begin to impact jump and do other special moves.

barballs

May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
The wall dodge is necessary for the bots to be able to cut the player off from getting to a particular weapon or two. It would greatly increase the gameplay and flow of the level.

I have been playing against godlike and inhuman bots. God love them, they DO try but they just don't ever seem to doge off walls like us. Even if it was only the godlike bots that could do it then i'd be happy with that.

Last edited:

barballs

May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
Its been done. I now have bots wall dodging, sort of. Its a dirty hack. but it works. I'll refine the code then release it completely. I have to but some restrictions to make it look more believable.

So let never be said that bots cant play as well as we do! :)