Day-Night Cycle

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Speak

May 20, 2000
www.new-legends.net
Is it totally out of the reaches of the UT ebgine to make a true Day-Night cycle? Even just a subtle change in lighting that occur over time as the game progresses would be...to say the least...amazing. :eek:
Im not talking about something like MSR, in which, the light conditions depend upon what time of the day it is in that real place. This MAY be a 'next engine' type feature, but tell me if either are at-all feasable under the current engine.

-Speak

-32 times less efficient than the normal soldier-

W

WRATHGAR sniper

Weel first of all the game matches dont last for hours. And second it is possible but it would probly have to be the mappers that do it. The guy that did lazy matrix was making a mod calle ANIMALIA and i think he got it to work.

INF_Neo

Infiltration Sound Engineer
Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
this would be a real hard case of camping, I think...

A round lasts some minutes...

infsig1c.gif

S

siruspuf

ya day night cycles aren't really usefull in a game that only lasts a few minutes but if there was a way to get it to happen over each round so the first round was realy bright and the last completely dark that would be cool cause most games are about 8 rounds and last more than half an hour.

and i was the guy who was doin the mappin for JadTheGerbil(lazy matrix guy) on animalia and i really couldn't get a good day night cycle to work, at least not without major lag in online play.