Just venting a little. No need to worry.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Smk_Fatality

*Smk*_Fatality
Oct 26, 2004
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I dont understand why people abandoned jailbreak so quickly.
I remember when severs were over crowed with lamas.
Now its just not fun any more.
Most of the veterans left to go play halo 2 and said screw ut.
Hopefully we can get some if now all of them back so we can liven JB up again.
Thats all i have to say about that.
:)

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
mrbond113 said:
Many people have no sense of loyalty.

What is this, a cult?

People will play the game they prefer to play, and there's no reason to expect them to do otherwise. If UT really is better then they'll eventually return to it.

I'm "loyal" to the original Unreal, but that's because (a) it was something special and (b) I'm not particularly interested in getting into new games any more.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Times change, people change. New games are being released, most people switch to said games.
That's the reality.

Have you tried posting this in the Jailbreak forum?
And besides, with Jailbreak for ut2004 released.. there's isn't a fat chance JBIII will ever be restored to its fomer glory.

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
NeoNite said:
Times change, people change. New games are being released, most people switch to said games.
That's the reality.

Hellscrag said:
People will play the game they prefer to play, and there's no reason to expect them to do otherwise. If UT really is better then they'll eventually return to it.

I agree with that, its the truth.
Why would most of the people play an 'old' game like UT if they found UT2k4 better?
I may dont like it, but its understandable, new games are brought out, so people are going to play them.

Btw: Well I must say that if you didnt play UT for a couple of years, and you are going online you wont stand a chance :)

You will see that it mostly are only the hardcore UT-ers, or in some rare cases a Noob who bought UT just because UT2k4 cant run on their FamilyPC ;)

Smk_Fatality

*Smk*_Fatality
Oct 26, 2004
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Hey guys, all of that is understandable.
When new games come out everyone goes in to this manic stage and play till it cant be played anymore. Its true, people play UT'04 if there pc permits this.
Its just those certain ones that i know well.
They were in the making of a SP-Coop for JB and i found out they just said screw it.
A 7 month project wasted. No previews, no sreenshots, nothing.
17 of what i thought were the best players on the planet :lol: just said forget it.

I just had to vent out a little.