death match

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
why there are only teammatchs on the inf and not deathmatch servers?

all the servers that i saw where teammatch, why?

UTProphet

Trial By Fire
Dec 8, 2000
tbf.clanspot.com
Simple: DM sucks for INF so servers don't use it. Think of it this way. 10 players. thats equivelant to 10 armies of 1 person fighting at the same time. How realistic is that? :)

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
maybe not realistic...

it maybe not realistic as team match but its hell of a fun!

and there are time that you wish it was a death match so you could stick up grenade in one of your annoying teammates

PoDS

Clan Limey Psychopath
Mar 24, 2001
infiltrator.homestead.com
I think that if there are going to be any deatmatch servers, It will end up in a couple of snipers falling asleep on hilltops or campers sitting in the corner of a room , nobody will be the first one to move, because they have no teammembers to follow or to cover.
All other players just like teamplay, so it will only be the lamers that are gonna play DM.
At least, that's my opinion

AuspeX

Sep 14, 2000
whatever

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've heard the problem with deathmatch in INF is spawn camping / spawn kills.

I was always a big fan of AQ2 deathmatch, so I might try it sometime.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
I think that...

Maybe it sucks or maybe its cool, we will never know if we can't play it.
I think they should give us some DM servers to try it out.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
ctf?

Never played it online?
is it intersting?
is it fun like the team match(the most of the time is each man to himself and not a temamatch)?

AuspeX

Sep 14, 2000
whatever
Well, basically no one has played it so I'm going to change back to teamgame real soon now.

Plus its kinda buggy.

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
The other main problem w/ INF & Deathmatch is the maps. At least with the official INF maps, they're all designed for team spawns, meaning the spawn points are clustered together in the red & blue spawn areas. So if you were playing regular DM in a well-populated server, it would be an immediate blood bath at the start of every round.