What's the best video card for Unreal 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Nov 30, 1999
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
I'm buying a new computer, maybe a 1.5Ghz or so. What's the best video card and sound card to buy for gaming now? I'm especally interested in getting the best video card to play Unreal 2 when it comes out. Thanks.

icest0rm

Ready for a cold one?
Feb 16, 2001
Antarctica
www.frostcloud.com
[COLOR=00D0FF]Well the best card right now is obviously a GeForce 3. I'd get one from Elsa (Gladiac 920). As for a sound card, just get a Sound Blaster live Value.[/color]

Law

I see...
May 2, 2000
Visit site
What seems like the best video card for U2 now, won't be the best by the beginning of next year when the game hits store shelves.

I have a feeling that 1.5 ghz and a Geforce 3 will run U2 great. But a whole lot can change in half a year of PC gaming.

ravenus

The Heretic
Oct 7, 2000
India
Visit site
Legend folks have repeatedly stated that U2 will play fine (not minimum reqs) on a pIII600 with a GeForce2 and will really rock with a GeForce3. Hope this holds true when the game goes retail.

It does have a min req of a card that can handle T&L.

WildfireX

Mar 10, 2001
Visit site
They said P450/GPU card.
Personally, I prefer ATi's image quality, but if you even THINK I'm going to get into ATi vs. nVidia, you're nuts.

Lyon

Fear the Lyon ( or kill him )
Jun 15, 2001
digiland :)
www.lyon.f2s.com
well from what i heard..take the GF3

ATM it rocks the most, and it will at least rock for the next half year ( after that well...you know gPU's dont live long )

Status
Not open for further replies.