Let's Build a Goddamn Tesla Museum!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
The accusations aren't overblown. His hyperbole about them however is.

But that it is completely irrelevant too Telsa and his deserving a museum here in the US which has been my point all along...

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
lemme elaborate slightly.
the only point I ever tried to make here was that it's pretty silly for the guy who is sponsoring this fundraiser to make almost HALF his argument by crapping all over Edison. surely he could have made his case for Tesla's importance by sticking to Tesla. surely??
I don't see how the Edison assassination is necessary when there's so much to say about Nikola alone. clearly his individual achievements and brilliance far outweigh Edison's.
trying to persuade people of how incredible Tesla was should easily be accomplished with Tesla's merits on their own.

it just struck me as odd that this guy had to work in this huge angle about how horrible he believes Edison was and how the dictionary should have his picture next to "douchebag."
I mean really? really?? I think it's safe to say that if anyone's picture should be next to "douchebag" in the dictionary, it should be like... Hitler's. ok? ok.

2rgib12.jpg

it's like, calm down bro.

Wait, your point was that it is silly for a guy who draws COMPLETELY ABSURD COMICS to advocate for something that he likes? I mean, this isn't part of the museum foundation, it's a web comic that is saying, hey, remember that hilarious comic I drew about how giant a dick Edison was? Here is a chance for people to learn about Tesla, you should sponsor it.

Let me reiterate. You got annoyed at this call for a museum to honor one of the smartest inventors in American History because one of the links to a donation run is through a webcomic, and the webcomic wasn't fair?

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Seriously, you haven't heard of The Oatmeal? You didn't, I don't know. Think. Hmm, The Oatmeal. That is a strange site name for a Tesla advocacy site. It also seems semi reminiscent of something involving a ridiculous lawsuit that was blown out of all proportions by crazy lawyers + the internet. It is also ridiculously popular and pretty damned hilarious. Or the fact that the very top of the page you were sent to, in addition to BEING A COMIC, had only a few buttons, one of which was...comics. I mean, you can't be expected to just KNOW every comic on the internet, but when you're linked to one of the more popular ones, and when it's also recently been in the news and when you're attacking something, you would think that you could at least bother to use basic critical reasoning? Look at the site a little? Notice format? Nothing? You HAD to assume it was part of the campaign for the Tesla museum? Either you are the biggest idiot this side of mars, or you are such a douche that you think everyone else is.

Obviously I am engaging in a little light hyperbole, but SERIOUSLY jacks? You can't fucking read a website? Not even a little?

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
lol... calm down J.
I don't spend a lot of time on the internet and I didn't spend much time on the page.

opened the link, started reading, read the stuff about Edison, closed the link, wrote my initial reply.
so I never heard of the Oatmeal. sue me.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
To be perfectly fair I was not familiar with The Oatmeal either.

I did however do my research.... Because it was an odd way to pitch a charity in the least... and from what I saw he's not really that funny. Just spins reality in a droll and semi-ironic fashion put to a cartoon strip with silly looking art.