Reinstalled UT... No sound?! Need help.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HongKongDangerDuo

Dec 28, 1999
USA! USA!
Visit site
I recently reinstalled UT then downloaded the new patch and bonus pack and noticed that I wasn't getting any music or sound. My sound in other games and such seems to be working fine, and my speakers are fine. UT's sound worked fine when I had it installed before. I decided to restart and still no sound. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled, without installing the patch or bonus pack. Still no sound.

Anyone have this problem? Anyone have a solution? Any help is appreciated.

------------------

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
Open the advanced options [Open system consol and type "preferences"] and then check the audio properties. Maybe your volume is down low or something.

You could also take a look at your UT.ini and make sure that the paths pointing to your music and sounds folders are correct [under "core system"]

Make sure that under [Engine.GameEngine] that UseSound=True

That's all I can think of right now. Hope it helps /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

HongKongDangerDuo

Dec 28, 1999
USA! USA!
Visit site
Wacky, I tried all of the things you said and none worked. I even tried uninstalling again, this time making sure all of the files in the folder were deleted and then reinstalled. Nothing's worked. Can anyone else help?

bullet2.gif

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
Sorry that didn't help you out. The only other thing that I can think of is to check the other audio settings within your ini.
ie the settings under
[Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem] and
[Audio.GenericAudioSubsystem]
you've probably already tried that anyway /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

HongKongDangerDuo

Dec 28, 1999
USA! USA!
Visit site
Wacky, I tried changing some stuff in those two places on the .ini, and amazingly, it worked. I turned off some stuff like DirectSound and some other things and it started working. Thanks for the help.

bullet2.gif