UT3 custom resolutions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sinus

May 23, 2009
UT3 + Titan Pack + Patch 2.1
I want to set resolution to 1024x600
Have changed resX= resY= settings in: /documents/my games/unreal tournament 3/UTgame/config/UTengine.ini and UTcompat.ini and made them "read only".
Have changed resX= resY= settings in: /game path/engine/config/BaseEngine.ini and /game path/UTgame/config/DeafultCompat.ini these are "read only" too.
The game starts in 800x600. What is wrong?? :doh:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Make sure the game starts in window mode, otherwise it might detect an incorrect fullscreen resolution and select the closest resolution available - which in this case seems to be 800x600.

sinus

May 23, 2009
I tried windowed mode and it worked.
But it is slow and has window borders.
All i want is to raise fps, but this way i loose some.
Thank you for the reply anyway.
P.S. Is there a way to get around those "incorrect fullscreen resolution checks" ?

sinus

May 23, 2009
Looks like you know the game well, so here is another question: how to make dead bodies and gibs last longer?
I tried changing UTengine.ini - [Engine.Engine] - TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects= and UTgame.ini - [Engine.DecalManager] - DecalLifeSpan= ,but did not notice any difference. Whats your advise?