BeyondUnreal ut2003 video

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
We're going to make a video. Take demos then use fraps to turn the best shots into small video clips and then put it all together into a cool video.

So start taking demos of fragbu's and other places where you get nice shots so you can get yourself into the vid.

The last thread got killed due to the great forum crash of June 03 but whatever. So recap. We need to get an ftp or some other way of exchanging the files around. Most demos are too big to post here and small video clips will definatly be too big to put here.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
If you take a demorec of a botmatch then it will be a serverside demo yes. Shots of you playing online or better yet at a fragbu are prefered. Killing bots isn't too impressive. If you can do a trickjump though then there doesn't even really need to be other players in the game.

Yeah we need to get some shots of rev hitting TL's.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Hedge popped one of Rev's TLs last night on FragBU. I almost did but he translocated to fast and got his head popped off lol. I wish I had THAT for the video ;)

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
TTM would bea good idea for this, it can be set to auto-record demos with unique filenames. If playing fragbu on the web then webby are you going to have ttm active? or is that against the free-play fragbu idea without stupidly big dls? :)

One thing TWD - what one person defines as a good shot can be completely different to what another does.

You should also put a limit on it, FragBu footage only, imo, otherwise it'll loose it's community edge.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I agree with mored might be best to keep it to a fragbu only type thing. Also TTM might be a good thing if just for the recording.

All we really need to get started is an ftp or some way to share files (I guess we could do it through IRC DCC) and for webbie to start taking demos.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
:lol: I saw Scumgrief get that headshot, because I saw someone flying off the tower and was getting ready to shoot him myself, but Scum beat me to it...

Then I hear on TS "OMG I just booted that guy off the tower with my shield and headshotted him..." Too cool.

I think all you have to do to record a demo is hit the tilde key to bring down the menu, and then type "demorec" without the quotes. It should record a demo of that level or until you quit....

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Well I don't really see any reason to not stick ttm up on a server. Don't like the hitsounds? You can turn them off. Hate brightskins fine don't use them. Any option you might have a problem with can be turned off. In fact you can have ttm running and not tell a difference between it and the normal game.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
TWD said:
Well I don't really see any reason to not stick ttm up on a server. Don't like the hitsounds? You can turn them off. Hate brightskins fine don't use them. Any option you might have a problem with can be turned off. In fact you can have ttm running and not tell a difference between it and the normal game.

Actually no... the timer is always there even if you try to turn it off, all the server side settings can't be changed and this INCLUDES your crosshair, your hud size, you detail settings (on some maps) et al. As far as I am concerned TTM is the worst piece of crap in existence. If it appeared on the Web I would stop going to FragBU's plain and simple.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
All serverside settings such as those mentioned can be voted on by the players or turned off by the server admin. The only thing you can't change is the clock on the hud and I can't see how you can absolutely hate that...

I have never had ttm force me to use one of it's crosshairs never changed my detail settings or my hud size.

Last edited: