Diablo III

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Agreed. Look for a combination of Vitality adders, and % Life adders. Health regen isnt as important IMO, but with a barb it might be.

I just hit act 4 of hell last nite, so I anticipate being in Inferno very soon, but with gold find gear and a healthy Nephalem Valor buff (150+% Gold find). I can get drops of 1000+ in hell difficulty. I made about 200K last nite alone. Can't wait to see the cash from inferno...

The thing is, the gold finding gear I have is not nearly as powerful as my actual set of gear to progress, and you're fooling yourself if you think you can go through Inferno using less than ideal gear. It does really not allow you to make any mistakes. Even at 52% armor damage reduction and 50% damage reduction on all resistances I take 4-10k damage depending on the type of enemy, that is stuff I've seen up and including saving Deckard Cain in the Cathedral.

I will agree though, using gold find spec'd gear in combination with Nephalem Valor (hitting 152% extra gold find, and 146% extra magic find) is a fantastic way on Hell to get lots of money in very little time.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
SC, you're playing as the Asylum Witch correct?

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdO0rBVFHm0[/m]

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
The thing is, the gold finding gear I have is not nearly as powerful as my actual set of gear to progress, and you're fooling yourself if you think you can go through Inferno using less than ideal gear. It does really not allow you to make any mistakes. Even at 52% armor damage reduction and 50% damage reduction on all resistances I take 4-10k damage depending on the type of enemy, that is stuff I've seen up and including saving Deckard Cain in the Cathedral.

I will agree though, using gold find spec'd gear in combination with Nephalem Valor (hitting 152% extra gold find, and 146% extra magic find) is a fantastic way on Hell to get lots of money in very little time.

I actually was able to stack 5 solo and roll thru most of act with my gold find gear this morning. Just cuz its gold find doesn't mean it's inferior.

That being said I did a little experimenting, and I need to completely switch directions on my gear. Health regen is absolutely a god send for the WD due to the passive that lets pets take full advantage of health regen and thorns. Pets actually last. I still need to get some cash for a better weap and some jewelry for this... Thankfully its cheap as hell right now :D

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
My wife is playing as a Wizzard/Sorceress and as soon as she got to Act II she started getting slaughtered. She just doesn't click fast enough to get away from the enemies. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
My wife is playing as a Wizzard/Sorceress and as soon as she got to Act II she started getting slaughtered. She just doesn't click fast enough to get away from the enemies. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Get faster at clicking I think will do it.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com

Make sure that the wizard's gear is primarily for Intelligence and Vitality. If low on health (800 HP or less) look into getting more Vitality based gear. Likewise, if DPS seems low, find ways to increase that, like a new weapon, or new gear with Attack Speed% or Intelligence.

Additionally, since it's a wizard, start using one of the armor powers. It will increase your armor rating by 65%, which should improve your damage mitigation by quite a bit.

That, and start relying on hit and run tactics a bit more. Personally, I roll with Energy Armor, Diamond Armor (for really scary scrapes), Hydra (so that you still have damage output while enemies), and Magic Weapon to increase DPS. See if that works. :)

d3tox

Apr 8, 2008
So I finally beat the Butcher on Inferno. I proceeded to Act 2, where even the small children in the streets of Caldeum can 2 hit me into oblivion... WTF... I went back to farming Act 1 lol.

Has anyone actually progressed into Act 2 of Inferno yet?

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
So I finally beat the Butcher on Inferno. I proceeded to Act 2, where even the small children in the streets of Caldeum can 2 hit me into oblivion... WTF... I went back to farming Act 1 lol.

Has anyone actually progressed into Act 2 of Inferno yet?

Sjosz and I played it the other night, we got as far as killing Maghda. To get there however, we had to run away from a lot of the champion packs and lure them away from chokepoints. It's doable but it wasn't easy in the slightest.

The changes mentioned here sound good, might wait until they go live before trying to get any further into Inferno. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012#blog

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Sjosz and I played it the other night, we got as far as killing Maghda. To get there however, we had to run away from a lot of the champion packs and lure them away from chokepoints. It's doable but it wasn't easy in the slightest.

The changes mentioned here sound good, might wait until they go live before trying to get any further into Inferno. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012#blog

To be honest our playthrough to Maghda was ridiculous. Plenty of challenges and things to be done while waiting for 1.03, which sounds promising as far as updates go. Gives me time to get the staff of herding, and maybe gear up a little more. Seems that 1.03 is also going to make getting worthwhile loot ingame more likely, so that's good.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Played on Inferno last night with Slainchild, we somehow managed to get through the whole Zolton Kulle part of Act 2, even though it meant us having to kite most elites/champions into dead ends so we could get past them after dying. The fight leading up to Belial was manageable, but guess what? Belial is his own difficulty spike again and is essentially complete bullshit.

d3tox

Apr 8, 2008
OHHH BUT YOU NEED TO GO BACK AND GRIND GEAR. CUZ THATS THE PROBLEM.

I'm a little sick of the bs here. I've essentially laid back and farmed the Butcher in inferno (solo) while waiting for 1.0.3 and aside from a couple pieces of jewelry (my old stuff was really bad), can't loot anything close to the gear I'm currently using.

I'm not seeing their logic of how someone is supposed to loot anything decent short of rolling act 3 of inferno...

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Yeah I'm pretty sure Belial is the brick wall that will be in place until that 1.0.3 patch hits.

So I haven't hit that wall yet (in act 3 of nightmare and it's easy), but I do feel like that patch couldn't come soon enough. It's like why bother crafting gems or upgrading your blacksmith right now when it will be cheaper after the patch? It's just a waste of money. I just go to the auction house. All the gems you need.