DM-Q3ArenaG8 Final Beta

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
come on people. test the damn thing :) i have got as close to the origional and my vision as I can. And I want to get finished with it. I'm just looking for your comments and/if errors .....

Faderide?

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
a few screenshots

Shot0128.jpg
Shot0127.jpg
Shot0126.jpg

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
warning late night post, lots of syco stuff, and typpos

your maps are improving, the map is certianlyl better then your previous ones i think, altough texturing is weird at places, like the bar in the ceiling with a lamp texture > wtf
and you have too much big boring empty walls, fill it up, make pillars or something, big an empty = boring, the snake head was nice, but still a bit blokcy, certainly his uppart, erm doesnt it have eyes and a noise and stuff ?
the lava everywhere should give light, putting it to unlit alone isnt enough,there should be an ligghtacot on it to give a subtile small glow, very colourfull, high birghntess, slow radius
you also used dynamic light on alot of places i think, hardly noticable, but i do see it in my pc his fps, slows down and doesnt add anything too the overal map > remove, only use it in special cases, where you really need it

items were god although a bit more wouldnt be bad, more ammo or something, floorplan is from quake, cant say anything about it, and the floorplan on itself isnt that good, its too flat, and too simple, you had better copied another map :)
textures were weird at places, you have way to big files, get the textures you are using out of the package you use now, put it inmylevle or make your own pacakge, and give them a detailtexture
some lights need more light dark contrast, we are talking abut a devil enviroment here, by making big light dark contrast we create a dramatic and scary feeling > wich you need for this kind of map, some corners where dark, like outside, would be better if there was a small light there, looks uninfished now
the texture from the fire should be translucent, its masked now i think, > masked ghey, and it should give yellow lighht, not white, imposseble
the sky moves way too fast, slow it down, do not copy quake exactly, cause it sux :) the mountains in the skybox are blue, the map is red, blue and red doesnt match, the colours are fightning eachother and dont create a harmony, use a better mountain texture
havent checkt sound cause i was too lazy to turn of winamp, and havent checkt bots cause im too lazy to fight those bots, i did found the redeemer though, and the lava that hurts to get the rl is nice

cant think of anything else, im going to bed :D

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Okay....
I got your map to play....I put that file in the wrong folder. :(
map looks pretty good. Lots or red light hurts my eyes after a bit but oh-well. Botts just kinda like to stand were they spawned and shoot. Some nice effects overall tho. Like the ski boxxes.
I see the reddeemer in the ED....how do I get to it????

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Hourences
warning late night post, lots of syco stuff, and typpos

your maps are improving, the map is certianlyl better then your previous ones i think, altough texturing is weird at places, like the bar in the ceiling with a lamp texture > wtf
and you have too much big boring empty walls, fill it up, make pillars or something, big an empty = boring, the snake head was nice, but still a bit blokcy, certainly his uppart, erm doesnt it have eyes and a noise and stuff ?
the lava everywhere should give light, putting it to unlit alone isnt enough,there should be an ligghtacot on it to give a subtile small glow, very colourfull, high birghntess, slow radius
you also used dynamic light on alot of places i think, hardly noticable, but i do see it in my pc his fps, slows down and doesnt add anything too the overal map > remove, only use it in special cases, where you really need it

items were god although a bit more wouldnt be bad, more ammo or something, floorplan is from quake, cant say anything about it, and the floorplan on itself isnt that good, its too flat, and too simple, you had better copied another map :)
textures were weird at places, you have way to big files, get the textures you are using out of the package you use now, put it inmylevle or make your own pacakge, and give them a detailtexture
some lights need more light dark contrast, we are talking abut a devil enviroment here, by making big light dark contrast we create a dramatic and scary feeling > wich you need for this kind of map, some corners where dark, like outside, would be better if there was a small light there, looks uninfished now
the texture from the fire should be translucent, its masked now i think, > masked ghey, and it should give yellow lighht, not white, imposseble
the sky moves way too fast, slow it down, do not copy quake exactly, cause it sux :) the mountains in the skybox are blue, the map is red, blue and red doesnt match, the colours are fightning eachother and dont create a harmony, use a better mountain texture
havent checkt sound cause i was too lazy to turn of winamp, and havent checkt bots cause im too lazy to fight those bots, i did found the redeemer though, and the lava that hurts to get the rl is nice

cant think of anything else, im going to bed :D
thanx hourences. im going to fix the lighting and i think i know how to make that "head" thing less square. but im not sure how to make the sky go slower, its the first skyzone ive made :)

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Rukee
Okay....
I got your map to play....I put that file in the wrong folder. :(
map looks pretty good. Lots or red light hurts my eyes after a bit but oh-well. Botts just kinda like to stand were they spawned and shoot. Some nice effects overall tho. Like the ski boxxes.
I see the reddeemer in the ED....how do I get to it????
i suck at bots. to get the redeemer you have to use the translocator...........no other way :)

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by faderide
Final version. Alright! Downloading now....will report back shortly.
um, well it's not the FINAL final version ;) i'm still tweaking the skybox/lights/"snake head"...........

where's your avatar from? i've seen it somewhere..........