Any of you Infiltration junkies every try paintball??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
It sounds fun, but that would require me to get up out of this chair and leave the house. But I've heard others talk about it.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Think of it as paintball with fully automatic weapons=)

6mm BBs don't stain clothing, but they sting. If you're hit, it's a matter of honesty that you 'drop dead'. The best thing is that you don't have to worry about paint of your gear between skirmishes. Allot of paintballers hate airsoft though.

Corin

Jan 26, 2000
San Jose, CA
Visit site
I play paintball quite abit actually, I have eight guns. All pistols, 10+1 we bring reloads with us and mostly play assault type games although an occasional CTF is quite fun /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Airsoft hurts a hell of alot more than paintballing, even if you dont' get paint on your clothes, I would not want to take a shot in the balls.

Me and my friends used to run around with those Daisy air rifles and shoot each other, its alot of fun, but painful /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I shot one guy in the knee once while he was running top speed, it looked just like the movies where the guy dives sideways and shoots people. Damn that was funny, he had a bigass bruise on his knee afterwards. /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
6mm BBs sting like crazy. But are probably less dangerous than paintballs. Of course, here we play with out guns limited to a maximum muzzle-v of 130 meters per second. Some crazy assholes play with 230 mps capable guns and metal pellets. Those are likely to put a hole through your testicles.

Daisy air rifles are not considered Airsoft BTW. Airsoft guns use 6mm BBs. Air rifles use 4.5mm ball bearings.

I suppose you could say you feel more pain more in airsoft. Not because individual shots are more painful, but because you usually get hit by a dozen pellets every time you 'die'.

[This message has been edited by ShakKen (edited 03-29-2000).]

Corin

Jan 26, 2000
San Jose, CA
Visit site
Heh, nope, daisy definitrly do not qualify as airsoft guns, I wouldn't know if they hurt alot, as I have never been shot with a metal BB luckily. Airsoft pellets though, ouch. Maybe it is the relatively small area that is being affected that makes it sting so much? Because I have noticed that paintballs leave bruises, but only sting for a couple of minutes after being shot, whereas airsoft guns just sting alot, and for a pretty long time too.

Toysrme

I love college... UA ROCKS
Nov 27, 1999
Tuscaloosa, AL
bama.ua.edu
played both have i? why yes!

i like paintball better
we have a kickass place on the otherside of town, it's a 14 acer outside, it's got nam, korea, arden(spelled?) afew others, those are the 1s ti personaly like.

we also have an indo place in the middle of town, it's not as good but it's cheaper.

basicaly it's a warehouse with between 2 feet and 1 inch of sawdust on a concrete floor. it's got large rooms built in, and cover is provided via stacks of tires. the tires are rotated every other week to ensure the beest amount of ware across the tire

no j/k=)

heh it's so they can stay in bis w/o getting tired of it. btw they play the soundtrack to goldeneye accross loudspeakers. it set's the mood perfectly(get's old tho very quickly)

Toysrme

I love college... UA ROCKS
Nov 27, 1999
Tuscaloosa, AL
bama.ua.edu
played both have i? why yes!

i like paintball better
we have a kickass place on the otherside of town, it's a 14 acer outside, it's got nam, korea, arden(spelled?) afew others, those are the 1s ti personaly like.

we also have an indo place in the middle of town, it's not as good but it's cheaper.

basicaly it's a warehouse with between 2 feet and 1 inch of sawdust on a concrete floor. it's got large rooms built in, and cover is provided via stacks of tires. the tires are rotated every other week to ensure the best amount of ware across the tire

no j/k=)

heh it's so they can stay in bis w/o getting tired of it. btw they play the soundtrack to goldeneye accross loudspeakers. it set's the mood perfectly(get's old tho very quickly)

btw airsofter... naaa my limit is frozen paintballs with gunz at max pressure, that only leaves large bruses(i got shot by a ricoche(spelled) when i had my helmate off in a safe zon... bout knocked my ass out. by god i sat the next round out