Detail textures?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Camshaft

Nov 28, 1999
Buffalo, NY USA
www.buffnet.net
I noticed something when I started up Unreal after playing some Unreal Tournament on my Voodoo 2 card... UT Tournament is missing "Detail textures"; the enhanced detail overlay textures that show up when you get close to walls and floors. There's no option to turn them on/off in the menus, so I went looking through the UnrealTournament.ini file, and under [GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice], DetailTextures is set to True. But they're not there, not even at high world texture detail, which is a bit too much for even a 12 mb Voodoo2, but Unreal runs plenty smooth on my system with detail textures on...

What's the story? Anyone know?

BirddoG

Nov 20, 1999
Visit site
I gots that fancy tex on my Banshee
it should be there for your V2
try reinstalling or atleast go into the advanced options and reset all the options to default
then launch safe mode and reselect glide as your rendering device
also what is your 2d card
maybe UT might think thats what you wanna use to play if it too is a 3d card like tnt

Capt. Camshaft

Nov 28, 1999
Buffalo, NY USA
www.buffnet.net
Depends on who's asking... identify yourself, mortal!

BirdDog: I doubt UT is confused by my card.. when I installed it, the only two choices were software rendering and Glide. My 2d card is a Mystique 220 - I think I would notice if UT was trying to use it. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif All the settings are at the default except for I run at 800x600 not 640x480. I'll play with it when I get back from work.

[This message has been edited by Capt. Camshaft (edited 11-30-1999).]

SWITCH

Nov 25, 1999
BUFFALO
Visit site
Camshaft. It's me your father. Come to the dark side Camshaft. LOL!

No really....it's Pete from work! LOL!

[This message has been edited by SWITCH (edited 12-01-1999).]

SWITCH

Nov 25, 1999
BUFFALO
Visit site
Hey if anyone wants a good laugh and has absolutly nothing better to do check out CAMSHAFTS web page! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOOLLOLOLLOLOLOLLOLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.