Total frag count

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DD

Goober
May 29, 2000
I am not a big stats person, but I looked up my total frag count for UT3 all time one day and it was 78K. I thought wow that is a lot. It doesn't seem like I play that much- couple matches of TDM/DM or VCTF a day if I have time. I looked up who had the highest. No worries- I am not even close. :lol:

xeanderthal 201,210

Genjitsu 186,651

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
I wonder if the combined community total has gotten to widespread genocide levels.

[Edit] I can only begin to imagine how many millions of frags I have from UT99, thanks mostly to ridiculous weapon mods :>

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
80 on pure, no idea how many on custom, since custom stats seem to be down for some reason. And since I'm mostly playing on custom...

oldkawman

Master of Your Disaster
We all know that total frags, total anything for that matter, includes bots, same story with ratio, so stats do not really mean much, not really. They are very good fun though. Total numbers of anything in stats themselves do not indicate a players skill or lack of or anything.

That's not saying anything bad about those guys because they are both really great players. Just jump in the dFb vCTF server and there are many other good players there as well. Some of those vCTF maps are real meat grinders. I get more kills (and deaths) per match on that server than anywhere else.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Pure stats - 139K.
Custom was well over 100K before they changed the titan mutator to a Pure mut.

Greed distorts stats so incredibly much that any usage of stats other than casual commentary is just lol. Seriously.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Stats mean something as long as you compare a bunch of them with players from the same gametype.

If someone has twice your K/D, doesn't mean he's better. Only that he plays more defensively.
If someone has twice your killcount, might mean he plays more or uses splash weapons to get cleanup kills a lot.
If someone has twice your accuracy, could be that he doesn't predict fire and only uses snipers, for some reason.

However, if you meet a player with higher K/D, killcount and accuracy...the "lol distorted stats mean nothing" argument doesn't work anymore;)
Pretty fair to say that player is actually a better player.

OT: 8400 kills, 2400 deaths. Mostly duel/TDM player.

Last edited:

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
However, if you meet a player with higher K/D, killcount and accuracy...the "lol distorted stats mean nothing" argument doesn't work anymore;)
Pretty fair to say that player is actually a better player.

That only works if the stats are for one gametype exclusively.

Oh, and:
The higher K/D might come from tank camping all day bashing noobs same as the killcount.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Stats mean something as long as you compare a bunch of them with players from the same gametype.

Quoting myself for great justice.

If you want to get technical, then no. They do not give a definitive picture of the skill level of a player. However, in that case neither does actually playing a match against said player. After all, they might be having a bad day. Or several bad days. If you want to get this specific, the only thing that 'means' something is playing someone in countless matches on every single map, with every possible amount of teammates, to even out the factors of luck, favourite/least favourite maps, bad days on either side, bad servers, bugs, etc.

Also, assuming they're not gaining their K/D in 'joke' matches and they're actually getting away tank camping enemies of their own skill level, I'd say they are indeed better. (Given that the game doesn't enable obvious exploits, which it doesn't.)

If that's what wins them matches, that's what you'll be beaten by if you play them. Some tactics are not as 'honorable' or pr0 as others, yet they still work for some players.

To reiterate: Stats mean something as long as you compare several of them with players of your own gametype. There might be slight differences between a ctf/instaTDM player and a ctf/duel player of equal skill, but -omitting the obvious statpadders, as everyone with a brain is capable of- a couple of their stats combined give a pretty good picture of a player's skill level.

Last edited: