How do I register my ISP?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gypsican

Mar 27, 2000
Visit site
I want to know how to register my ISP so that I can have friends join multiplayer games @ our own spot. Dont really know what I'm talking about so any help would be appreaciated.

Devistator

May 19, 2000
PA
sdiut.cjb.net
There is nothing to "register". All you need to do is check to see what your IP address is. You do this by clicking start / run and then typed winipcfg in the box and click ok. You will get a popup box which lists your IP address. Once you know what your IP address is, tell it to your friends and start up an internet server / game. Your friends will then use your IP address to connect to the server you just started. Keep in mind that if you don't have a high bandwidth connection you will not be able to support many connections to your server. You will also have an advantage over your friends by playing on the same machine (no lag for you).

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
How much does it cost to register?

Well as long as you pay an internet bill, technically nothing.

I pay (4 my 56K) $20 a month and I could set up a server for my nextdoor neighbor and leave it up all night and next months bill will still be $20.

It also depends on your isp. Charge by min, certain amt of hours. Cable is no worry. ?? DSL I don't know but I imagine its the same as cable.

Setting up a server is easy. Another way to check your ip is after its aleady running, open up another (if you ran a dedicated, if not don't open another) UT an search for net games, find you name (granted you named your server) and viola!