Bad manners!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{950}Slayer|PuF

Master of the Paddle
Jul 23, 2000
Madison Wisconsin
Visit site
Is it just me or have alot of people been on a server and have a couple players leave and just leave there conection open so they are just sitting in a server!!!

<slayer bangs head into wall>

It really burns me when I play on a small server!! Usually 8-10 players max.

If I plan on be away from my computer during a game for more than 30-60 sec I'll leave. Its not fair for my team or all players invoved.

Is it just me or am I just overreacting?

FRAG-ON!!!

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
yeah, these "statues" are inconsiderate or just plain stupid.

Some kid was on Roo's server a while back and wasnt playin.
The server was full and he was just being a statue.

I asked him it he was there or not. So I tell Roo that we have a statue.

The kid finally answers. "I am waiting for my friend"

Then Roo said, play or get out. The kid answered "F_uck you"

*LOL* Well, since the server was filled mainly with puffers, we all had a good laugh since we knew the next thing that was gonna happen to him *LOL*
After he was punted, we all had a good game *L*

Aug 7, 2000
I've met these kind of people before...........usually in assault.....

I think I'm gonna call them Lazy Llama's

-Revenant

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Not only in team games, also in DM. I was in a DMFFA a few days ago in Deck with a big group including eraser and HuFlungDung (yes, Hu is around :) :)), I got in a streak and actually won the game (Yay Boom!). I was feeling good about myself, and as the adrenaline level went down I started to realize that a few of the people I was getting kills off of weren't really moving that much. And looking at the scores, it was clear they weren't doing much. So I asked if there were some "statues" in that game. Everyone except the statues replied "Yup, those dudes were just standing there".

Well no wonder I won, I was probably the only guy running around killing statues while the rest of the guys were killing each other. So I lose my satisfaction of winning, and feel like a llama.

Poopy statues. :(

Mandrosk

May 5, 2000
Seattle WA USA
Visit site
When I get into a groove, I'll play for several hours straight. At some point, my dog will come up and lay her head in my lap, which is her way of saying, "I know you have the flag, but I REALLY have to pee." So I find a quiet corner of the map and thenn RUN to let the dog out and RUN back to my post. Who says UT isn't good exercise?

SU3000

Bringer of Fear and 0wnage
Jun 10, 2000
The Netherlands
www.carpeimperium.com
Actually I was talking about 'special' games which last for more than an hour (CTF with high capnumbers, for example). After an hour (or more) it isn't that bad to take a break (e.g. for smoking ;)), imho. This is also when for example, there are more than 12 ppl playing. If one takes a small break the others can easily take over.
Of course, in clan matches sitting idle is just plain stupid and lame, but I wasn't talking about those.

-SU :p

Ultron

Robot XMP Beta Tester
Mar 6, 2000
Secret Hideout
clans.utworld.net
I hate that. I've had graet games ruined when I found out my team lost by a flag and teh whole time some hoser is sitting in a crate the whole time or facing a wall. WTF?! Why even log on?

I do know that when you disconnect from a server you're character stays in there for up to a minute after you leave. But if someone is staying in one place for more than one minute things are bad.

Switch[UF]

Jan 27, 2000
www.unfear.com
When I play I'm not really aware of the world around me. People talk to me and I don't reply, I don't feel the need to use the bathroom or to drink water. I'm just totally lost in the game. The longest game I ever played was one hour or so and after that I had to take a break, after the game ended. But never during that time did I consider resting. I always finish a game, unless I loose my connection.

Now this might sound like preaching, but it just shows how pathetically addicted I am. :)

I can understand those who can just walk out of a game, I actually answer the phone and open the door when I play. When that happens I usually take a break for a short while. Nobody will miss me if I'm gone for a minute or two. Unless it's a clan war of course.

<insert more ramble here>

When I'm done playing though and become aware of my surroundings I usually notice that my butt hurts like hell and that my fingers feel weird. I suppose that's what you get for being stupid. ;)

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
I think it's just the way you always seem to join the team that loses, whether it's UT, football, team relay races at the end of karate lessons/Scouts/whatever...