tiled screens

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
I've got a screen map to work, with a custom texture too! wahey!

slight problem with the tiling so far though. (I'm being dense :) )

Set the Width and Height properties of the master Screen actor to the total pixel width and height of the tiled scripted textures (not the total width and height of the screen brushes in world units). The slaves' Width and Height properties are ignored, so leave them as they are.

have I got this right?
The master screen actor's Width & Height set to the total width of height of all the screens in the set, ie the pixel size of the entire mosaic.
So for two tiles side by side, total mosaic size 512x256, the master screen is set to 512x256 and the slave has TileLeft=256.

Or: all textures used in the mosaic must be the same size, and the master's Width & height is set to this size.
ie. in my example, the master is set to 256x256.

[edit]
to summarize: does the master screen hold information on the size of the entire mosaic, or on the size of a mosaic tile?

Mychaeel

Yes, you're right; Screen.Width and Screen.Height describe the total size of the "virtual screen area." You can actually arrange the partial screens any way you like; it's not necessary to actually put them border-to-border of each other.

...and if that "Subscribe to this forum" thingy had worked I would have given you this answer even before you figured it our yourself... sorry... :(

Monday..

--------
Apr 3, 2005
Use a Thumbnail program (easy thumbnails is free and v.good)..use can re-size the textures or whatever and make most issues a thing of the past..