could guys from UK help me out here (adsl)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Axel

Jan 31, 2000
London
www.alexgp3.cwc.net
Hi guys, My isp is Cable & Wireless and with my 56k external im pinging at about 120+ (on the servers i play on) now i get a great connex with C&W (54,667)but i want more:) so im switching to BT and going the ADSL route with them, its called BT open world They supply the Adsl modem and i pay em £40.00 month for 24/7 access. What i need to know, is: Is adsl that much faster/better than isdn, how much does isdn cost over here what do i need to install isdn, 2 lines or just 1 for single isdn (is there such a thing?)
This is a rather loooooong question and may require a long answer but im relying on you guys ;-)) to help me out. Any feedback sure would be appriceated (i wish i could spell that word)and you will get your reward in heaven :)
Thanks in advance guys
Axel

------------------
Man, ilove this game!!!!!

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Don't bother with ISDN. Compared to ADSL it's looking very long in the tooth now and you should only really get it if you can't get ADSL.

I'm going with the BT deal too (because they'll have the most pressure on them to provide a good service, being BT 'n all :) ) To me, £40 a month for 24/7 net access at 512k/128k is pretty damn good, considering the high phone charges using a 56k dialup.

bullet2.gif

=Z==A==C==C==I==X=

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Here's a replay of what I just posted on the GT forums:

I just rang the BT ADSL helpline, and the lady on the other end told me that it will NOT be possible to host multiplayer games with BT Openworld. This is because a firewall will be installed. Trust BT to fuxx up a good thing.

If you want to call the helpline, the number is 0845 6094664.

bullet2.gif

=Z==A==C==C==I==X=

Axel

Jan 31, 2000
London
www.alexgp3.cwc.net
Thanks for the info guys, on checking the link (see above) it seems to be bad news where gaming is concerned.If its the case that you cant play games on BT openworld i wont be paying them £40.00 a month just for a quick download or two, man, BT suck the big 1 where us gamers are concerned i was really looking forward to this, arrgggh BT you really do piss me off.
BTW if any 1 else has any more info im sure we would all love to hear it.
thanks for all the help guys
Axel

bullet2.gif

Axel

Jan 31, 2000
London
www.alexgp3.cwc.net
Thanks for the info guys, on checking the link (see above) it seems to be bad news where gaming is concerned.If its the case that you cant play games on BT openworld i wont be paying them £40.00 a month just for a quick download or two, man, BT suck the big 1 where us gamers are concerned i was really looking forward to this, arrgggh BT you really do piss me off.
Axel

bullet2.gif

Axel

Jan 31, 2000
London
www.alexgp3.cwc.net
Axel

bullet2.gif

Axel

Jan 31, 2000
London
www.alexgp3.cwc.net
Axel

bullet2.gif

Axel

Jan 31, 2000
London
www.alexgp3.cwc.net
Sorry about that ,but trust me it DIDNT work lol,honest i am really sorry:-((
ERm now i feel really stupid hmpf im going and never coming back, man im so ashamed , i;ve never done anything like this before ,sob ,dont hate me ,please dont hate me

Axel

Jan 31, 2000
London
www.alexgp3.cwc.net
crypton thanks man,thats great news ,now i have to tell the wife we ARE getting BT openworld cos i just bin slagging them off to her about not being able to play games an stuff ,man thats great news ,great news almost makes up for clicking the bloody button so many times :-))

bullet2.gif