What do you think an armour shard should like?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

smally

Jan 30, 2000
Weaverville, NC USA
Visit site
Hmmm, that's a tough one.

Maybe you could just make little baby sized thigh pads :) . Or perhaps what I would do is just make a very simple flat Hex shaped design that would rotate. And put a nice metal texture on it with the U logo on the front.
Not very creative I know but I wouldn't want to get too crazy with the design. I would keep it simple.

DL141

Blue Dragon
Aug 6, 2001
Castle of Dragons
Visit site
Good idea....

Make it look like the old one except it should look very shiny like titanium and is filled with dark blue swirling liquid.....also i add to that message we were talking about earlier....

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
You should first think of the style of the pickup:
-Realistic (Sth like a couple of ceramic plates, like the ones used in Kevlar suits)
-HC DM-like...(It can be anything but it should symbolize armor/power/sth like that... e.g. Q3 Armor shards :) )

Caravaggio2

Custom user text goes here.
Jul 26, 2001
Sounds interesting Ciced, Is this piece of code a side project?
You should be creative enough to come up with sometihng.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
going for a sort of mix of the realistic & symbolic approaches: how about a small metal bolt, on its side, about the same height as the health vials?
Make a it a sort of sheeny dark blue-ish texture, so it looks like a pickup rather than a piece of metal just sitting there.

Caravaggio2

Custom user text goes here.
Jul 26, 2001
Changes shades in freaky ways. I think.

Make it like a coffee thermos, just with liquid metal inside that you pour on your skin.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
Env. Map simulates the reflection of the surrounding area on the surface of the mesh. It just simulates it because it projects a pre-defined texture onto it.
It makes the surface shiny and curvy...you can make a nice chrome or mercury material with it.