Peeking

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gal-z

May 20, 2003
Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
Visit site
Something done all the time in CQB IRL is peeking around corners. By peeking, I mean quickly leaning around the corner and going back to cover. This is impossible in INF right now due to the slow speed in which the player leans.
An idea to implement "peeking":
-Quickly tapping the lean key once will always lean all the way and go back to normal mode, letting u see around the corner yet not expose you to enemy fire.
-Make leaning speed much, much faster - it is near-instant with the speed you can move your head/body IRL.
Also a possible change to leaning can be that if u lean when right next to a corner, the player will only lean the amount nescessary to see around the corner, giving you best possible cover, like you'd get IRL. IRL you touch the wall with your rifle and/or left hand so there's no "sensitivity" or anything needed, so it shouldn't be needed in-game either.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
I use snap lean and that usually do what I want it to do. Which is stick my head out to get my brains splattered all over the wall behind me ;)

Seriously though, Snap lean works for me. Any faster and I'd have to "peek" several times to get a clear view of the battlefield ahead.

gal-z

May 20, 2003
Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
Visit site
With a bit of lag and the current leaning, by the time I'm leaned enough to see what's there I'm shot (or have to shoot) rather than turn back on time. Tapping the lean key does NOT "peek", which is what I wanted it to do.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
How will your player model know how to peek just enough to see around the corner in relation to where you stand? Not too far out to expose you too much and not too little so that you can't see around the corner? Speaking hypothetically.

I guess the only solution is to make leaning faster?

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Leaning is best when it is used on an axis, not a keyboard. That way the player can control the speed by adjusting the axis (A joystick or throttle?) however fast they want. I tried it once, it worked very well.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Leaning without aiming the weapon would be nice too, only sticking the head out and leaving the rest of the body as far away from exposure as possible. Which reminds me, currently, if you want to look around a corner and look along the wall you first have to move quite close to the corner, already exposing a part of your body before you can even begin to lean. It's a bit worse if you crouch. Try it, move to a corner and lean around it so that you can see everything. Now stop leaning and switch to behindview and you will see that a part of your body is exposed. Leaning ain't save enough if you wan't to peek around a corner and get killed by a shot through the wall before you can even begin to see if somone is there becouse he already saw your elbow or knee sticking out.

Last edited: