Dumb Question.. hosting and serverpackages.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jadestar

flu3nt!
Feb 22, 2000
West Linn, Oregon
www.spriteshack.com
When I have serverpackages active, such as a custom voice or mutator.. and I host a multiplayer game, it doesn't seem to work for aybody except myself.

For example, if I run the mapvote mutator, only I can vote. If I run the batthwap mutator, only I can see the thwaps.. and if I run a custom voice, only I can hear it.

Sorry for the spam, but I can't figure this one out. Anybody want to tell me how dumb I am, and what i'm doing wrong? Thanks a bunch! :D

Xadhoom

Sleping at this Forum
Nov 29, 2000
Husum, Sweden
www.geocities.com
Are you sure that the mutator/mod that you use is in unrealtournamen.ini ?

it should look something like this

serverpackage=mutator/mod(the name of the file containing the mod/mutator)

Xadhoom

Sleping at this Forum
Nov 29, 2000
Husum, Sweden
www.geocities.com
Hmmm....

you dont run a dedicated server?
if you use UCC to start a server you need to add the serverpackages to server.ini because i dont think that the mutators/mods add themselfes to the server.ini
try to add the mods/mutators to the server.ini anyway its worth the try...
now im out of advice :(

xfuture

Nov 11, 2000
Minnesota
Visit site
People probably hate questions about questions but so few threads actually touch on this subject that I wanted to get another question in. Is there a limit to serverpacks in the UnrealTournament.ini file? I can not set up a multiplayer Lan game any time I get over 19 serverpacks. When I try the game just exits with no error message or anything. It doesn't matter what type of serverpack I try to add (voice, skin, or mod) I have been polling the community in hopes of finding someone in the know.

misterE

Jun 6, 2001
xfuture, I don't believe there is a limit to the number of serverpackages you can add to the UT.ini file. If I am wrong please someone out there correct me. I 2 run a multiplayer LAN setup between 2 computers vis direct cable. I have experienced the same problems where I run a multiplayer game and I am returned to windows. Did you enter the serverpackage name manually after adding the files to the textures and system folder or was it automatically entered by installing a umod file? I have found that some serverpackage=whateverthenameis does not always work because it does not match what in the system folder. For example, I have the obiwan skin package that requirs 2 lines. (serverpackages=obiwan & serverpackages=obiwanskins). Now granted this example is a umod that automatically enters the correct line into the code for you. I'm not sure about the other files out there that are non-umod type that you have to enter manually. A lot of them do not mention anything about adding the serverpackage line for multiplayer gaming non the less knowing if it needs 2 lines like the example above.

misterE

Jun 6, 2001
Its a direct peer-to-peer setup from one ethernet card to the other ethernet card in the second computer.