Weapon suggestions.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Steyr AUG is a must.
Reasons:
- Bullpup (we have like, only one?).
- Scope which differs from all the same ACOG (crosshair).
- Backup ironsights on the scope (should be usable, G36K switch style).
- Very good looking design.
- Slightly shorter than the FAMAS.

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
Ah forget the backup ironsights, imo they are not that usefull, in the cases you would use them you just look "over the weapon". It'd be interesting which version of the scope they would add, the one with only a circle in the middle (a standing person ["normal" size] would fit in the inner part of the circle at 300m, if the target is 200m away it would touch the outer part of the circle), or the one that has the circle but additionally a "crosshair" that touches the circle (but does not "enter" the inner part, so does not "cross" in the middle").

gal-z

May 20, 2003
Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
Visit site
If you want another bullpup weapon take the Tavor / Micro Tavor :p
Damn comfortable weapon according to comments from people using it and an awesome reflex sight.
As for pistols 1 or 2 glock versions are kinda a "must", but then again I'd never use pistols I think, so maybe not...

Nosaj

Jan 23, 2008
I'm quite satisfied with the variety of guns available. I'd like to see more attachments though (suppressor for AK would be great...)

[5thSFG]Mitchell

unexpected guest
Jul 17, 2008
Rome, Italy
mmm... interesting ideas you had. :)

+1 for the Tavor
+1 for Steyr Aug (as assault rifle, not smg version)
+1 for the PK machinegun
+1 for a glock, maybe the 17 or the 19
+1 for a revolver (maybe the .500S&W :p )
following:
the FN Mk.46/Mk.48 with 100rds soft-boxes and M68 aimpoint
the FN CAR, would be nice to see both version, after all they share many pieces
the SA80 / L85 would be another intersting addon, especially with UK DPM...
finally, but that's more like a wish: the CX-4 carbine and/or the RX-4 rifle

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Since the more recent comments were lost in the third great forum crash here's the short version:

Unless you're going to model, animate, skin and code them new weapons are a no-go, since there's no active development and/or mod team present.

Also this abomination against Inf shouldn't ever have been made in the first place, since "weapon suggestions are generally disregarded", as we old timers have learned.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
[5thSFG]Mitchell;2158795 said:
Yeah, I read that below the title of the section. :p

I remember times when these were not mere words but followed and even enforced by a majority of the community - but that's a looong time ago..

Anyway, Inf development by SentryStudios basically came to a halt after the Bonus Weapons - Beppo did make quite a number of smaller mutators after that though.

The Weapon Packs were done by the INFMOD Team - who stopped around 2006 as can be seen by the date of their last weapon pack topic.

After that only the M60 was released as new weapon, although there are some people around who still do some smaller and bigger developments - mainly Psychomorph with his Texture Mod; also Clutch seems to be eager to make a few new weapons, but still requires a bit of help animating IIRC, but at least he hasn't yet given up.

Anyway, requesting weapons never worked in Inf, unless you do them yourself :D