My New Laptop

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

O_DoGG

Le Boner
Nov 17, 2002
France
www.clanvega.com
Hurray for brick laptops! \o/
/me hugs my Thinkpad.

Looks quite good, although I don't like shared video memory either.
/me hugs my Thinkpad.

Edit : Did I say I love my Thinkpad?

Last edited:

Hitman 4 Hire

Will work for food...
Dec 24, 2005
well, it actually has never been used. tigerdirect just calls it refurbished because they can't sell new computers. so they have to call it something.

size doesn't matter to me. as long as it kicks bootey.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Is that what they say? Why aren't they allowed to sell new computers? The last laptop I bought refurbished had been used, so you can't really be sure what you're getting. Either way its still only 3 months warranty, and I'd highly reccommend something longer than that.

Can't resist linking to my laptop ;).

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
I've never heard of them not being able to sell new computers. I doubt that's true.

TG's refurbished products are typically returns, or products with very mild cosmetic defects. By law, even though they are in like-new condition, they can't be marketed as "New". Thus they are labeled "refurbished" and sold at a discount, and usually with a shorter warranty. They do offer extended one- to two-year extended warranties on most (if not all) refurbished computers they sell, including this one.

Mr. Apocalypse

My brain must be broken
Oct 16, 2001
Everywhere but here or there
I just got a Tecra M4 with a Pentium770, Geforce6600Go, gig of ram and 80gig HDD. While that may not sound like a good laptop for todays standards, the rotating 14 inch tablet screen make it much cooler.:)

Pipe_Dream

3-time World Champion Bowler
Oct 22, 2004
Portland, OR
I'm soooooo tired of video cards and the like. It almost seems as though there is a type of "graphics conspiracy" going on here in the good ol' US of A. Where do they get off coming out with the latest and greatest every 5 months? Everytime you think you have the killer sh1t, bam! right in your nutsack(question or object?). How can we stop this vicious cycle of "what they say?" If I didn't need mine so bad, I'd remove it, tip-toe through my neighbors yard, stand two feet from the passenger side of his car and throw it as hard as I could at my house. I just don't care about that anymore.

Edit: I spit in it's general direction.

Last edited: