NVidia's miracale drivers!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
GF2 beats V5 in T&L?

Check this out!
http://www.aceshardware.com/Spades/read.php?article_id=5000181&keyword_highlight=disable+T&L+

Basically, the GF2 finally lived up to what Nvidia has been saying all along, that it can outpreform the V5 in the FSAA department. Apparently the 5.32 drivers have really helped out the GF2 in FSAA. The V5's FSAA still looks a little better, but it's not the fastest in it any more.

ATI's Radeon is also interesting. It's very close to the performance of the GF2 and V5, and has the lowest price of the bunch. In fact, it demolished both the GF2 and V5 in Testdrive 6 framerates. It's also supposed to have the best non-FSAA image quality.

The interesting thing I saw in this is that in Dagoth More Zoological Gardens, which uses REALLY high polygon counts, the V5 dropped BELOW the origional GF DDR, while the Radeon stayed close to the GF2.

].Daggoth.[

Apr 2, 2000
Visit site
Thats interesting. I'm fixing to start looking for a new video card. Think its time to upgrade my TNT2 card. Still works pretty good. 30-50FPS in UT @ 1024x768 everything high except skins(meduim). I think thats do to my processor p3-700. I have been looking at the NVidia Cards. Thats primarly all i have ever had except the old Voodoo1 card. Nice to see ATI back in the ball game. Just dunno if i wanna spend $400 on GTS2 with 64 Meg of RAM, when i know in 6 months to a year something will be out thats much faster.

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
ATI's Trackrecord

While all the reviews of the new card are stellar, I'm kind of leary of their record in light of past driver output. I had an ATI Rage Fury and watched glaciers move faster than their driver development.

Additionally, at least with the 3DFx and nVidia cards, I can use them under XFree86 (ie Linux, FreeBSD, etc)...

I'll just have to watch the situation and see if they've made an improvement in that department.

Game0rz

May 13, 2000
thats cool how its faster now, except im still w/ a geforce ddr, the first one so it doesnt really make a big difference to me

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
I'm kinda looking forward to the Radeon.... cheaper than the others and it should run higher res faster than the other 2 :)

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
ManWhore, I don't know if it will be able to run faster, but it should definately keep up with the GF2