The WIP Screenshot Thread!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EmoLevelDesigner

May 30, 2012
Here's a very early screenshot of the Truth mod, dated 26.08.2010.
[SCREENSHOT]http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/588/587616/Shot1.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

The work has just started. I only made the yard and the outside part of the Mansion, but was already inspired to make the intro. After the inside part of the Mansion was done, the intro was moved there. Notice that the windows don't have frames yet.

UTNOVA

French cat under acid
Dec 8, 2008
France
sebastiennova.wordpress.com
Yay HOLP!

(shame everyone stopped playing the game)

Not all of us ;)

A shot from the new map I working on, DM-Brave :

bravebeta8.jpg

Apr 11, 2006
Custom L4D maps probably get less play than even UT3 maps honestly. Never seen a community so content to play the same few crappy maps over and over again as L4D.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Woah! That's looking great. Really love the lighting here, just be sure to bump up the lightmap res on those trims with shadow edges for the final build!

You might also make a slightly brighter or darker variant of the wall stone material, and mix that in to highlight important areas.

It really does look excellent!

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
@UTNOVA: It looks like an oldskool UT map that actually exists somewhere. With plants growing in, lighting all nice and realistic... Very cool!

I agree about the color of the water though.

You might also make a slightly brighter or darker variant of the wall stone material, and mix that in to highlight important areas.
Great idea!

I like the "prettier lighting" in DM-Dethen, btw. Little subdued compared to the lighting in your other maps but it looks good!:)

--------------
Here's a screenshot of the forest level I'm working on for Killing Floor.
[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/apvbY.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
and here is a video showing off the river in a slightly more recent version where the atmosphere it closer to what I want in the final:
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCJeRHW20d0&fmt=22[/M]

Sorry the quality isn't better. The source video is super crisp but on youtube you can barely make out details in the water. :(

UTNOVA

French cat under acid
Dec 8, 2008
France
Woah! That's looking great. Really love the lighting here, just be sure to bump up the lightmap res on those trims with shadow edges for the final build!

THX Mclogenog,
Yes the trim textures will be rework before final ;)
The wall stone material is actually on work too.

Looking neat, UTNova. That water might be a bit too blue, IMO.

Glad you like the map Sjosz,
I have set the color of the water pool as a "recall" of the ocean color that surrounds the map and to obtain a kind of "tropical" ambient.
But probably lower a bit the color will not affect the overall visual ;)

To see what I speak about :

bravebeta8a.jpg

@UTNOVA: It looks like an oldskool UT map that actually exists somewhere. With plants growing in, lighting all nice and realistic... Very cool!

You're right, it's always on my mind to keep an oldschool aspect on design at least.
THX xMurphyx ;)

Last edited:

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
I like that little trip to the Caribbean on that map. Perhaps a cruise and a bruise (or a splatter in this case) should be pretty good. Can't wait for the final product!

UTNOVA

French cat under acid
Dec 8, 2008
France
I like that little trip to the Caribbean on that map. Perhaps a cruise and a bruise (or a splatter in this case) should be pretty good. Can't wait for the final product!

:lol: THX WedgeBob !

A little question, Bots are totally stuck on water pool, I have tested with or without pathnodes on water, no real different.
Is it something to set or do to make bots easy on water ??