Excessive Overkill needs *Coders & Modelors*

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SonicBoom

Mar 26, 2001
Alabama, USA.
www.ClanCFH.8k.Com
I represent a mod called Excessive Overkill for UT. If you haven't played the mod, you really should. It needs some improvement, but is an awesome mod. There is already one coder for the mod working hard on the next version. But, at this rate, it will be until U2 comes out before the next version is released. It needs more *coders and modelors*! Please, this is not a full time thing, if you want to just do a little and then go do something else, that is fine, but it really needs help in the developement, and you will be credited for everything you do, but it needs help. This mod will be ported over to U2 by the coder currently working on it, so you will not be working on anything that will just fade into the past. This is not a very complicated job. Excessive Overkill just tweaks the old weapons basically to make them more powerful and balance everything out. If you have not tried Excessive Overkill before, but think that if you liked the mod, you might code or model some, let me know, and I will be happy to tell you all about the mod and what needs to be done, no obligations. . . .
Please, if you would like to help this mods development and large community, respond to this message. Thank you for your time in reading this message. All I can do is hope to get some worthy resonses. . .

Diving Mullah

Jan 11, 2000
Los Gatos, CA, USA
Visit site
That is one bizzare mod!

Some one had some major insecurities to develope this mod.

For those who don't know... Weapons are tweak a little is an understatement of the year!

xloc cam land you from one side of face into the other side.

min guns fire rockets, at the min gun rate (try to doge that!)

shock rifle fire like is on crack and when you combo, it's like a redemeer has gone off, I have got some many ultra kills from that!

Flack cannon fire like you are shaking paper on salad!

In a small room when few people fire thier weapons you can't see anything but utter mayhem and instant death.

The only bad thing about this mod is that you can't kill yourself with your own weapon. This yields to some cheesy flag escape s...like shoot a rocket at your feet and endup in your base. Also make redemeer jumping possible!

check it out... it is pretty fun!

Mullah

SonicBoom

Mar 26, 2001
Alabama, USA.
www.ClanCFH.8k.Com
Lots of choices.

A lot of things need to be modeled. New weapon models, weapon models ported over from other mods to this one, charactor models, pickup models, camera models, turret models, etc. . .Just about anything that can be modeled! :)
Of course, like I said, if you are interested, there are no obligations, if you want to half-do a model and then leave the scene or anything like that, that is fine, I'll be happy with anything. Sure, I'd ideally like for someone to stick with the mod forever, but I know that is asking a lot and in most cases too much.

The Lamb

....With The Plan
May 17, 2000
London
www.jester-tek.co.uk
Well, I'm currently helping out with weapons models at the excellent Night's Edge mod, so I don't really have much spare time.

But I have a rather indiscriminate approach to directed work, so if you want to mail me with or direct me to a list of ideas/stuff/to-do's, then should I happen to have the time or inclination I can use it to produce something usefull for you.

You can see examples of my static work here.

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
i'll try to find some people for you sonic

anyway mullah lol....self damage turned off it a big part of strategy, if you couldn't rocket jump or use alt ripper to move it would be a stale game...and look what happens with the goo gun lol there would be tons of suicides :D

again sonic, i'll see if i can find anyone :)