Gibs?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
I can't really see anybody getting gibbed by bullets. If you get sprayed with bullets, you tend to become "pulp", not giblets. Anybody ever see that South American Rapist Execution? At least, that's what I remember. Five guys with UZIs executing a child killer/rapist, and all that was left of him was a satisfying harmless lump of goo Sometimes justice IS served.) Anyways, as for getting gibbed in an explosion, that's understandable (Though more blood should definitely be present.) I just can't/don't see it being done with bullets. Sure, blood sprays, but the actual body falling apart? No.

Stuka

Mar 21, 2000
CA, USA
You ever seen somebody get shot with a 20mm...or even a full auto .50 cal. They pretty much get ripped apart. As in..arms shot off and stuff. So that shoudl be the only gibs done by bullets (yes i know there are no 20mm, but it would be a cool turret gun...20mm Chain Gun. =)

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Unfortunately, no. Though I served my stint in the army (I got booted out due to "Uncontrolable Anger") I never had the pleasure of seeing the enemy ripped apart. But, again, gibs are gibs. Yes, I agree, certain guns could rip somebody apart, but being somewhat of a gun afficiando (or however the hell you spell that, especially drunk on tequila) you never REALLY see anybody ripped to shreds by anything in INF's arsenal. Now, don't get me wrong. the two mods I loved for Unreal (and believe me, I've had Unreal and UT since they both first came out in Canada, got bless AVault's soul for that 5star review) were serpentine and infiltration. I have always wanted a mod and/or game that has included real world scenarios. While Team Fortress 2 (albeit having a geeky little name) is kinda cool in that military way, INF has been the steady mofo. I just wish I had a cool 3 million to bribe these basards with, so I could make INF exactly the product it should be (and be surprised or not, I'm actually attempting to approach the government with a grant proposal, God bless me INF team, to get this thing funded and stand-alone, on my own terms,) and although I may be considered a bastard for that remark, a heavily modified UT enging using UDP and some seriously modified code... drool. Okay, this is O/T, but I'm drunk, and normally I have strippers to entertain me. I love strippers =), Windows just made a beeping sounds. I'm sorry all, just ignore this message if possible.

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
After having a little chuckle at my own assinine posts, it is possible to gib somebody, I suppose, but you'd have to be intensely surgical about it, and certainly not the way its handled in most games, which is mainly just added in because 15 year old boys get hard looking at bodies bursting (young men, that is an affliction that will never leave you.) Or maybe its just mean that thinks its cool seeing a body burst. But cool is not real. Yes, again, you could sit there and surgically remove all their parts with a gun, but its not really all that practical to do so.

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Touche... but you knew what I meant =). But, again, some things that are cool to see are not always real. I mean, playing semantics and all, and heavily modifying an IQ test question, "If all things real are cool, and cool is real, then it is true that all cool things must be real".

This statement, is, of course, false. I thought The Matrix was pretty cool, but I've yet to see anybody run up a wall and dodge bullets.

=)