CTF-Frostburn & CTF-Bloodbath

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lord Dill

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
I built this CTF level in 1 1/2 days!!! i had an idea of a small CTF level based mainly on one brush. Its small, its open, its crazy, its bloody.

I built the DM version a few days later but it took me a little longer to convert it, i added jump pads to add to the game play... and the bots DO use the jump pads. So don't forget to play both the CTF and DM.

DialAJunk

fl;ksisj
May 1, 2000
Denver, CO
Frostburn: I like the snow outside. It could be thicker though, because as it is, it reveals the "sheats" of snow. And it doesn't effect fps at all on my system. However I thought the texturing could use some work, and the architecture could be more elaborate. If more trim were added it would help both of those problems. And tweak your lighting some more.

I thought Bloodbath had a kind of boring layout, if you want to call it a layout. Running in circles got old, and swimming through the middle proved fatal (you move to slow in liquid and the bots just phuck your world then). Also, while under the blood pool, I expected a red haze, not the white color that is there. If you turned Bloodbath into a pure eyecandy map then the lame (but fast!) layout could be forgiven.

Architecture!!!!

Outies...

Lord Dill

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
DialAJunk: Thanx for the feedback, and even some negative stuff, BONUS!!! ;)

The snow is as best as i can get it, you should have seen my first 2 versions!!! I haven't seen any level with better snow then my level either ;) (mostly because snow and UT don't go together)
I do agree with my architecture sucking, im not to good with the stuff and won't know where to add something. Plus its a low poly map. As for the lighting, i was going to add better shadows with light coming from beyond my windows but it was too much hassel and didn't change much in my attempts... my ceiling windows are just too big. You didn't say anything about the layout, im guessing that it was good then

Bloodbath was only a 1 day affair, adding more architecture=eyecandy=polys would make the level run bad. Unless the architecture closed up the map... in which it would take away from the theme that i was going for...About the red haze with water... don't know how to do it :(
i suggest translocating or using jump boots if you plan to take a wet route ;)

DialAJunk

fl;ksisj
May 1, 2000
Denver, CO
Lord Dill:
I hear ya', and yes the layout for Frostburn was good, but I'm sure you can figure out how to improve on it. Or just mosey on to the next map of choice ;)

I do believe EVERYTHING in U2 will be light years better than anything out right now, and snow will be a real treat for the eyes. (YESSS!)

Lord Dill

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by DialAJunk
Dill's Av. Ownz it all.
What is that from Dilly boy?

someone noticed :) well its from a metal forum that im part of.

and sadly i am a guy... sorry to get your hopes up ;) :D

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Hm, well...

What about these:

System of a Down
Mudvayne
Slipknot
Linkin Park
Godsmack
Sepultura
Slayer
Refused
Deftones
Kittie
POD
Taproot
Tool
Incubus

...to name a few. And that's just a part of my mp3 "albums" folder...

Lord Dill

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
Id say only Sepultura and Slayer are worthy... forgot to say that its an extreme metal trading forum.
If people seen that you have Mudvayne, Deftones, God Smack, or Linkin Park : they would stalk you down and kill you i think ;) Bands like those are not metal anyway.

You need bands like

Altar
Ancient Rites
Anorexia Nervosa
Beheaded
Behemoth
Children Of Bodom
Circle Of Dead Children
Dark Tranquillity
Darzamat
Death
Dissection
Ebony Tears
Entombed
God Dethroned
Graveworm
Lux Occulta
Malevolent Creation
Morbid Angel
Obituary
Old Man's Child
Unleashed
Rotting Christ
Septic Flesh
Vader

to name a few... I have over 400 extreme metal albums :)

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Oh well! Suppose I wouldn't want to be there then, anyway :)
No offense though, the *really* heavy metal is cool, I just like them others a lot better. And it's more that kind of musical style I try to create with my band.