unreal tournament 2???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
15:41 This is the world's first mention of the game, but our sources say the project is already in an advanced stage, with maybe six months of development still to go. All sounds like a late 2002 release to us. Coding is being done by Digital Extremes, who worked closely with Epic on the original Unreal and is currently developing Xbox blaster Unreal Championship.
According to sources, the game looks "considerably" more detailed than the original Unreal Tournament and uses the latest build of what is now known, simply, as the Unreal Engine. Key advances are likely to include vast outdoor environments, extensive particle effects such as sand and smoke, expanded control techniques and a revamp of weapons.

More as and when we know it, including, hopefully, the first pictures. There's going to be some big games next year, but let's face it, few come bigger than this. Stay tuned.

well, surprise surprise :lol:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I would take UC for the PC without a doubt. Digital Extremes is such a solid team that Epic would hand their crown jewel to them.

Here's the "rumored story"
UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2 EXISTS!

That's the word, and it's carved out of concrete. The sequel to arguably the best multiplayer online shooter is coming out in 2002

15:41 This is the world's first mention of the game, but our sources say the project is already in an advanced stage, with maybe six months of development still to go. All sounds like a late 2002 release to us. Coding is being done by Digital Extremes, who worked closely with Epic on the original Unreal and is currently developing Xbox blaster Unreal Championship.

According to sources, the game looks "considerably" more detailed than the original Unreal Tournament and uses the latest build of what is now known, simply, as the Unreal Engine. Key advances are likely to include vast outdoor environments, extensive particle effects such as sand and smoke, expanded control techniques and a revamp of weapons.

More as and when we know it, including, hopefully, the first pictures. There's going to be some big games next year, but let's face it, few come bigger than this. Stay tuned

fragswill

Charismatic Leader
Mar 21, 2000
Sweden
Either it's Unreal Warfare under a different name, or a hoax. An UT2 would just be too funny to be true.

"Unreal Competition" mfff......

Exar Kun [Sith]

Sith Lord
Sep 11, 2001
A Sith Temple
Visit site
So now that there maybe a UT2 so that means that Unreal Warfare is going to be totally different game than U2 and UT2.

Hopefully if there is UT2 is that it will be like UT with the same type of play modes and hopefully alot of the UT skins are brought back and with a updated look.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty happy if it looked like this:

shot0005a.jpg

Some of the skins that DE created are incredible.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
:lol:

This is all getting just too damn confusing!

U2, UW, UC, UT2.....and which are the same game again? WTF is going on??? To stop the pain in my head I'm going to try and forget about it until they come out......

Exar Kun [Sith]

Sith Lord
Sep 11, 2001
A Sith Temple
Visit site
Originally posted by hal
I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty happy if it looked like this:

shot0005a.jpg

Some of the skins that DE created are incredible.

I'd be pretty happy too but I like some the UT skins to make a return. If they were updated to look more like that they would be totally kick a$$. The reason I say I would like to see some the UT skins return is for UT oldskoolers to have the option to continue the use of the skin they liked in the first game with a more updated new look or go for one of the new skins. Still I would be happy for a UT 2 anyways.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Dai, wtf is eagle claw toes, and that chick.....

I hope that it's Uc, because UC looks awes. Uw doesn't look as cool, but I'm sure it will be ok. I can't wait for U2 to come out!!!!

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Ok heres a theory..

Legend gets U2
DE makes Dark Sector

All of the sudden DE puts DS on ice and makes UC for Xbox(and later UT2 for PC?)

At the same time the first Unreal Warfare rumours surfaces.

So did Epic want DS so much that DE got both UC and UT2 as compensation?

Is DS UW?

Creole Ned

Quirky guy
Apr 13, 2000
www.quirkybastards.com
I think Tetris is probably the closest here -- it's likely that it will just be a PC version of Unreal Championship, re-badged to take advantage of the widely known Unreal Tournament name. DE is a small company. It's hard to imagine they could be working on two Unreal projects at the same time.

Or it could all be a load of hooey. That particular gaming site is not exactly the most reliable source of info. :)

[T2K]dARK_g

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
Its probably just ignorant PR or journalists

Don't get your hopes up, it's got to be either Unreal Championship or Dark Sector which a journo heard his mate talking about down the pub and decided to make it a story.
I cannot see how they can make 3 games? (I think) at once.
Unreal Championship has been festering there for years.