For all the newbies to requesting!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT-Eclipse

KING KONG AINT GOT NUTHIN ON ME!!!
This for all the nubs to requesting stuff, espcially if they dont know what to call it. please make this a sticky, and if there is anything i screwed up on please correct me. :)

Well it seems to me that alot of people here that are requesting things dont know the difference between a Model or a Skin.

There are 3 main pieces that make up almost every 3D charater you see.

They are the Model, the Skin, and a UV map.

Model - The model is the base. It is the shape. Just imagine your UT2k4/3 or what ever you play, WITHOUT all the colors, just imagine it ALL grey, one plain color, thats what a base model would look like.

Models are made out of Polygons. Basically when you make a Model you take a bunch of triangles and connect them to make the model.

The guns that you use, your character, the vehicles ARE ALL models.

Skin - The skin is what covers the model.

UV map - You make a UV map for a model so you know where to put all the body parts on a model. UT2k4 models only have 2 UV maps, one for the head and one for the body.

you would ask for a skin of a miitary looking guy. let me repeat. A SKIN

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
UT-Eclipse said:
sure, but i am a little confused tho. it sould be great if you made this a STICKY. do you want me to copy it then put it in the team color sticky thread, HELP ME I AM CONFUSED!

Everything is fine .You copied it in the right thread. :)