Why dont i see the rockets ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

a_nuke

Mar 29, 2000
www.mnsg.net
Hi all!

I have a question. I hope someone can help me! Sometimes i dont see my rockets coming out from my Rocket launcher. Is it a problem with the graphic Card ? I have a Matrox G400 MAX!
And I have one more question: How can i make the bots to balance teams ? It isnt working right on our server. They r balancing the teams at their will.

Thx for helping

Yours, a_nuke

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
Moving away from Rockets?
Well, that would require skill. From what I've seen and heard from you, you lack it.

The_Blue_Beetle

Mar 18, 2000
Visit site
When I can't see the rockets it usually means I have packet loss. Tonight I had 10-20% packet loss in some games. That is a nightmare IMHO.

I'm sure you know this, but hit F6 during a game to watch how your connection is doing. Watch the packets going in and out. If you have loss your gameplay will be pretty bad.
If you already tried that, sorry I couldn't be of help /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
There are two things that affect balancing a game. The "Force Balance Teams" check and the "Bots Balance Team" check.

Force means that as actual PEOPLE enter the game, they will be assigned to the team with the least players in order to balance it out. It also means players CANNOT switch sides unless the side they are switching to has fewer people than their side.

Bots balance means that Bot's will enter the game up to the max you have set, and will filter to the correct side to make both sides even.

If you want, for example, to play a 4v4 with you clan members on one team, and bots on the other, then set "Bots Balance Teams" to true and "Force Team Balance" to FALSE(ie. uncheck the box). This means you can all change to the same team, and the bots will switch sides to balance it out.

bullet2.gif

-[CMi]Soul-Crusher
www.cosmicmonstersinc.com

H

Hertston

I tried llama to think of a why of answering llama this post without llama mentioning the word "llama".

I llama failed.

Skumboy

Jun 3, 2000
Visit site
hehe

bullet2.gif

"Any astronomer can predict with absolute accuracy just where every star in the universe will be at 11:30 tonight. He can make no such prediction about his teenage daughter." -- James T. Adams

[Ci]Skumboy|PuF

O

osirus

yup it's packet loss, or real bad lag. ive gone through games without seeing anyones bullets for any weapon. kinda hard to get a shock combo off when you have to guess where the ball is...

bullet2.gif

So what if i suck, i do a damn good job sucking....

MyU|osirus|PuF

a_nuke

Mar 29, 2000
www.mnsg.net
Thats right. And it is really hard to move away from enemie rockets if you don´t see them.
Thank you all for helping me. It was really kind of you .

Yours a_nuke

[This message has been edited by a_nuke (edited 04-16-2000).]

F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

Welcome to the real world of online CTF. I don't enjoy flaming people and I won't flame you a_nuke. Yet, I hope you realize that you are number one because of deceptive tinkering and not total skill. We all could do what you did, but choose not too. You will continue to be harassed and flamed for your number one spot until you play on normal servers. No, I don't know you and yes, you may have skills. But, you need to prove it outside of your utopian server. Sorry you couldn't see the rockets, but neither can I, on most servers. Yet, I don't cry about it or try to lure others into social pity for me when I receive bad graphic inputs. It happens, adapt and play...or buy another game. See you on the net...

bullet2.gif

[Ci]Prophetus][PuF][

CAPTURE! Home of CTF map reviews, strategies and Forums.

a_nuke

Mar 29, 2000
www.mnsg.net
hmmmmmm. I dont cry about it. I am just wondering. I thin you got the point now. And if u want to play against me.... tell me. and i will play against you. 1 vs 1. only me and you. You offend me. I didnt see the rockets cause of the packets loss. >I think I know what i see. So dont offend me that way. Thats the same as you would offend me of my english. Thx

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Just an observation:

The first post in this thread - very understandable and very good english (for the most part).

Last post - by SAME person: back to what we typically see from a_nuke.

Very odd I must say.

a_nuke, I'm not harping on your language skills here - just saying that there is a SIGNIFICANT difference between the two posts supposedly written by you.

bullet2.gif

Map Reviewer for Capture

F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

a_nuke, don't be offended. I was simply stating a way for you to receive proper respect. I said you may have skills and that I don't know you. You created the arena of flames and disrespect by becoming number one by using questionable methods. I replied to your statement:

"Thats right. And it is really hard to move away from enemie rockets if you don´t see them.
Thank you all for helping me. It was really kind of you ."

This sounded like a subtle excuse for less than perfect game play. You want proper respect...then play on regular servers and maps. If you are that good, then you'll get the credit.

bullet2.gif

[Ci]Prophetus][PuF][

CAPTURE! Home of CTF map reviews, strategies and Forums.

a_nuke

Mar 29, 2000
www.mnsg.net
Sorry ppl. I was writing short because i was in hurry. And u offended me. yes. u said to :"welcome to the real world of online CTF" and "Well that would require skill"
Doesnt stop this discussion anytimes ? I think this must be boring for u all. Some ppl in here respect me for my writing and for one of my last postings in this forum. But isnt that sick that u offend me on a simply question i asked ?
And dragonAsh said what Ive seen and heard from u, u lack it. I only get the sense of this sentence. So why do you offend me when u haven tried to play against me ? Dont talk without playing a fair game against me. This offending-story is like a religion. One started it and all other are talking afther this person. And they r getting more and more and more. so everybody is talking that way. (I hope u got the sense of my last 2 sentences).

yours a_nuke

S

Selerox[PuF]

I think they were flaming you due to your past exploits rather than your use of english. You write english far better than I could write German.

bullet2.gif

PuF: Come play dying.

Send articles/rants/editorials to The Soundoff, home of the world-famous Llama Farm!

{MNSG}a_nuke lutscht den ganzen Tag Eselspenisse.

Slayer[FOR]

Feb 28, 2000
Madison
Visit site
a_nuke!! People have offered you a fair challange against you. But what you always seem to have as far as a fair game is to play on your server.

Sorry...but that doesn't equal fair in the Puf'ers handbook!! /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

If you want some respect around hear then challenge some Puf'ers here to a 4vs4 CTF game on a neutral server of choice. If the pings are ok try a UK server or East coast server.

It is just a suggestion. Just come out and play with the rest of us is all we would like to see. Who knows..you might even start kicking some real butts!! /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

"What do you mean I have to be politically correct? I just shot him!!"

Otter

Feb 8, 2000
www.splatts.com
Dunno why u bother guys
He hasnt come off his own server yet and theres been alot of offers for games but he doesnt accept them

so give it up, he knows he will get wasted and well thats not gonna look to good to his lil buddies

blah humbug
[You boy, what day is it?]
[Why its christmas day sir]

bullet2.gif

so this guy walks up to me at the bar and says "i wanna take you home and
UT you silly" and i said "don't call me silly you mean bastard"... oh how
we larfed...

G-Man

Mar 11, 2000
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Visit site
Prophetus>> You say you don't like to flame people yet you flame a_nuke right after ou say it.... what gives?

bullet2.gif

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them."
-Mark Twain

a_nuke

Mar 29, 2000
www.mnsg.net
Please dont be offended of my english writing. I cant explain things as i could explain in German. I think that some things have been understood wrongly there. Sorry for that.

Yours, a_nuke