Semi-solid Pillers...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Prowler

"Building Better Worlds"
Jul 6, 2000
Canada
What is there purpose? Basically All I need to know is when to use them and what they do. thanks.

Oh and you can expect the release of my very first map soon. :) Ill give some info on it... thats if you guys care for a first timer map:p

AS-TourofDuty
Based on the idea that came from AS-Overlord but all of it is original. It bigins with the beach landing of Normandy and so far I have finished the beach and have begun work on the area after the beach. If you have ever seen Saving Private Ryan than this map is 100% faithfull to that first scene. I will get to work on some original textures and sounds to make it a whole lot more realistic. You can also expect a few pictures of the map. It is still in progress and about 20% done. It is also my first released map so I will spend time with it before it is perfect. I may also make it a team deathmatch level just for the hell of it.

RFairey

King of the Faireys
Aug 2, 2000
Somewhere Else
Visit site
Semi solids are essentially a different kind of add brush. They are useful for items in a level that are not structural and instead decorative. The advantage with them is that they produce no BSP cuts, and so are far less likely to cause nasty holes. The disadvantage is that they cannot be subtracted from, i.e. put in an add brush, then subtract a notch from it. OK, now change add to semi solid, rebuild, the notch disappears, and some other nasty things might happen too.