Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher Goes Bookworm

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Well, seems the video game, Splinter Cell, metamorphorsed into literary success as one of the New York Times Top 10 books. The game's character, Sam Fisher, is transported from the computer screen to old fashion paper by author David Michaels.

In this day and age when reading consists of cannibalized english for IRC chats, forum posts, and web sites mispelling Tsunami, its refreshing to receive a good reason to actually read the old fashion way. However, for those of you who refuse to read from paper, UBI Soft is currently negotiating with Hollywood executives for a movie based on the game.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Is'nt splinter cell a tom clancy "thing"... himself an author?

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
:S im going to hope that ur kidding, as Tom Clancy is indeed a writer, although he didnt write books for either Splinter Cell or Ghost Recon, but he helps design the games :)

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
Cue the confusion.

As for the movies, well since Michael Ironside is the voice of Sam I wouldn't expect anything less than a dubbed version. In the same way that Viggo Mortissen does the voice for Master Chief I think a movie would be wrong if his voice wasn't in it.

Mas

Paul Aka Mas
Dec 9, 2003
On the subject of Tom Clancy, I got his Rainbow Six book for christmas, and i must say its a great read. Has anyone else read any of his other books?

The Swan Mocker

Twisted Geek Kiddie
Mar 24, 2004
I got Rainbow Six for Christmas too. Haven't read it yet though too much other crap to read through first(currently reading the Video Game Theory Reader)