InfMonster server needed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ramon

Jun 25, 2000
seville, spain
Visit site
ok, the only server running this mini-mod is down, and dunno where itll be online again, i just wanna play with all the buddies at Khalils server, but theres no server. this is a cool mod, the download is a 30k, and is way better in terms of gameplay, because you HAVE to stick with teammates to survive. the objetive of game seems a bit like assault, and coz assault doesnt work properly this is a good replacement :) and maybe it will be included in new versions of BrownCows admin tools. btw, the set up of the mutator is as easy as select it from the table. administrators, take this seriously, is well chance to the run ´n gun monotony games out there. :cool: i hope ill see more servers running this out, or khalils one again. anyway, if you are admin, give it a try. thx in advence
:p

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Well, now the current version is InfMonsters4.

Ramon, I too like to kill the monsters. I will see what {PhD}Teutonic (my clan leader) thinks about running a server on our box with the monster mutator. We already run 2 large, fast servers on the same machine, so I don't know if we can do another one, but if we can handle it CPU-wise, bandwidth shouldn't be a problem because our server is hooked to an OC3 through 100Mbit fast ethernet.

Antedeluge

Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
We have one public server, which is called Onecall.net Teamplay, and one private server, which is called Onecall.net Matchplay.

I have started a discussion in my clan's private forum about this, but so far it looks like a negative.

Edit: Come to think of it, {PhD}XaV runs a server too. His is the Green vs. Green server where the teams have the same skins and you are supposed to use Roger Wilco to communicate so you can avoid TKing.

Antedeluge

Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Teutonic says he doesn't want to do it because their is a lot of hassle for him maintainig a server, and if he or the clan doesn't need to have a server up he will not run one.

ramon

Jun 25, 2000
seville, spain
Visit site
ok, anyway thx for the effort. btw, i know Onecall, i usually stick there when theres no ppl in Gamblexx. both servers give me low pings/packetloss, so ill say they ar good :p

vedder

See This Needle? See my arm...
Jun 10, 2001
www.myextralife.com
Visit site
I try to run a small 4 player server once and awhile but it basically sux due to my dsl combined with only 128mb ram for my comp, I too would appreciate a dedicated INFMonsters4 server.

Anrky

Frag you... Frag you very much...
Nov 28, 2000
Canada, up is ****ING Cold North!
I have an INFMonsters server up and running right now... 8 players max... and if you want a different map you have to change it in the vote... I can't seem to get any of the timers working properly...

So right now you will play FOREVER on the same map if you don't change the map yourself...

INF mosters need more goals... like have 10 lives each and 5 waves of monsters... somthing like that... something to work for...

[121st]Calvin

You will die, sooner or later
Apr 2, 2001
Germany
www.infiltrationmod.de
Well, I don't think that's a good idea... sounds boring. Similar to going offline and play against bots. What teamwork do you need against bots...? None. You just need to stick together, that's all.
And I can't think of bots being just as smart as human counterparts
o_O.gif

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Teem work?

I have a special scripted Skarrj that will attack anything in its path, He don’t need brains, he is like an atomic bomb.
Team B, or A, doesn’t matter and I’ve seen him take out 15 bot’s in about 6 or 7 seconds. Doesn’t matter if its a bot or real person, this thing is unstoppable.
Trust me, when someone lets him out, teams A and B better damn well stick together. He has been tweaked in every possible way, and he is set up to patrol the whole map. If you think the Skarj’s in Unreal are mean….this thing is evil

…Boo :D

ramon

Jun 25, 2000
seville, spain
Visit site
heh.. remember the days i played in Khalils server, how 3 guys sticked inside the vagon wich has a machinegun on top in Terrain][. how they tried to survive the just arrived wave, no matter what team they were on.. and how a titan smashed two and the last one got down the train lol. i can tell you it put your nerves on, and is scary sh!t. i can tyell you... i was the third guy :p