My Game Won't Start

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoBot

Dec 1, 1999
Visit site
I have a P2 400, Voodoo3 2000 Pci, SB Live!, 64MB Ram, and a 32X Cd-Rom. I havent got to a screen to ask me what to use D3D or Glide yet.

NeoBot

Dec 1, 1999
Visit site
Every time i start UT it just shows the 640X480 white screen with the logo on it and never starts the game and then you can Ctrl Alt Del and see that it is still running the same thing happens when i use safe mode any ideas?

bootybandit

flak spammer extraordinaire
Nov 28, 1999
L.A. (lower alabama)
Visit site
What resolution and color depth settings are you using on your desktop? Bring it to 800x600 and 16 bit color and see if that helps. May want to try uninstalling and then re-installing the game.

[This message has been edited by bootybandit (edited 12-01-1999).]

DrDestiny

Dec 1, 1999
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I have a P2 266mhz, 64 Megs of RAM, and a Voodoo2
My resolution is set to 800 X 600 and 16 bit.
The stupid logo just comes on then disappears, and that's it... the program just quits. It's AWFUL!

NeoBot

Dec 1, 1999
Visit site
I Got it to work /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif i had to unhook one of my cd rom drives so its my comp amd not the game maybe oh well off to the killing.

rmurray

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
I am having the same problem. The game repeatedly spins up and down the CDROM drive & essentially hangs the system. After 12 minutes (!) the game starts & runs normally. PII-400, CD is a Quad-speed CD running on a Promise Ultra66 IDE drive controller. Perhaps it's confused by the nonstandard controller?

Fireseal

it probably is confused! take it off that controller and put it on your mobo....no cd-rom drives support udm/66 YET

bullet2.gif

What is the average flight speed of an unladen swallow?

rmurray

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
Bingo, that worked fine, and in fact I got email from GT Interactive that confessed that safedisc (the copy protection scheme causing this problem) doesn't work with UDMA66 controllers. I had my CD plugged into a Promise UDMA66 controller add-on card. Interestingly enough, GT Interactive then proceeded to point me to the above-referenced patch on gamecopyworld!

I have asked them what happens when the next UT patch comes out, no answer yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.