how to disable intro movie?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kliw

Sep 15, 2000
Visit site
Anyone know how to disable the UT intro movie? Seems like it would speed things up considerably. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

G-Man

Mar 11, 2000
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Visit site
Use the search forums link at the top of the page and search the UT forums and you will definetly find the answer to your question. Under normal circumstances I'd do it for you but at the moment I have four things chugging away at my limited 56.6 bandwith and I don't want to add to it.

BTW, I don't think it makes all that much difference in speed although I do find it nice not having to see the two seconds of the intro everytime I boot up....

irongull

May 6, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Go to your /UnrealTournament/System directory and open up the UnrealTournament.ini file. Find the line in the URL section that says "Localmap=City-Intro.unr" (or something like that) and change it to "LocalMap=UT-Logo-Map.unr" - it will just load the ut logo when you start it. CD check still takes a while, though.

G-Man

Mar 11, 2000
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Visit site
You can get the nocd.exe from http://www.gamecopyworld.com. The site is a bit overwhelming at first (there is one HELL of a lot of links on it), but just keep your eyes peeled to the right side of the page and look for "game index". Click on that, find UT, click on it then download the the nocd.exe that matches the patch you have.

To use the file just unzip it when it's downloaded and cut and past the .exe file from the zip window into the systems directory of UT. THEN ALL SYSTEMS ARE GO!