Software T&L in UT2?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
There has been a lot of discussion on the U2 forums about support for video cards without hardware T&L (Kyro2, Voodoo, ...). Officially U2 requires hardware T&L.

The UPT 2002 showed that the Kyro2 can compete reasonably well with hardware T&L cards, if bundled with a powerful CPU.

Does anybody know what the status for UT2 is? Will it come with a software T&L option?

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I haven't heard anything official on it. I'm sure DE would like to include support for all popular cards, though I'm not sure what kind of a pain in the ass it would be to support. Or worse, have the software T&L engine be a burden on the CPU like the Unreal/UT software engine did.