newbie questions - sorry =)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
S

Sergeant Horvath

well my second day of infiltration. its cool but i have some questions.

1. i cant get my flashlight to work. i push "f" and nothing happens. i bought shotgun with flashlight and still nothing. what am i doing wrong?

2. how are you supposed to tell enemy from friend at a distance? also how are you supposed to see ANYONE at a distance. man ive never had such a hard time trying to spot people before. got any tips?

3. is there binoculars or something so we can see far away or do we have to carry around a sniper rifle just for that?

4.do you shoot with the gun sights or shoot from the hip? the gun blocks half the darn screen. i have a 19" monitor and it cuts down on vision cause i hold it up ready to go. do you guys do something different?

k.. i think thats it. any other tips you could give would be appreciated. thanks.

I

itskeiagain

Welcome aboard!

1.flashlight
I don't think flashlight key works at this point. As for flashlight attachment on your shotgun, press Activate Attachment(or similar) button.

2.identifying people
You can with a scope. Otherwise you can't unless you could tell the differences in camos.

3.binoculars
Not available at this point.

4.iron sight
The iron sight will hinder your view, so I use hip position when just walking around. When I think I'll encounter someone, I raise the gun to my chin. Or hold your gun up to your chin but look down a bit so you have a better view in front of you. You CAN shoot with your gun in hip position but it takes more practicing. Then again, the kick of the gun can block your view when using iron sight, too. You just have to see which position suits better in certain situations.
:)

beaglesig4b.jpg

Y

yazz

hi,

> 1 <

I do not know if there is a regular flashlight in Inf, but
you can choose a "flashlight" attachment for the shutgun and
activate it by pressing a key which you configured via the
keyboard settings for Infiltration

> 2 & 3 <

Inf. simulates real life and in real life you can tell if
someone is an enemy if you can identify his uniform ...

... you can to that by using a scoped weapon or by identifying
the uniform OR by knowing where your team members are ;-)

> 4 <

I use the iron sights for aiming, like in real life, you
will aim through the sights to hit your enemy, if you aim
"via the hip", you will have real problems hitting your
enemy ... like in real life :)

btw., the "aiming" feature is very unique and that is why I
play Inf ... and love Inf :)

bye

Gar

Magnum Farce
Oct 26, 2000
Flashlight

I think you have to bind a key to the flashlight but also change a value in your infiltration.ini file:

look for a line that says:
InfilDarkMatchLightType=0
and change the zero to a 1.

Hope it works for you,

Gar

Kastral

Brazen Lunatic
Apr 27, 2000
Tennesse
Visit site
Iron Sights:
I keep my gun at ready position, but tilted down so i get pretty much the full screen to view. This (in my opinion) would be the most practical in real life, and taken that this is a real life mod this is what i do ;-)

-----------------------
Do not go gentle into that good night
Burn and rage at the close of day
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
-Dylan Thomas

Wattz

Mar 23, 2001
I haven't played very long either, but I usually walk around with my gun at my hip, and then when I'm getting close to the enemy I just bring it up and aim through the regular thing... It's kinda wierd at first but I got used to looking through the small hole.

Also, it's a good idea to aim for their stomach at first, because with an M16 the kick from it pops it straight to their face, and it makes for an easier kill.

I dunno about the flashlight things, and I usually use a scope-type thing on any weapon I loadout so I don't really have a problem...

www.sonofabitchbastard.net

D

Death_Wish

There is no regular flashlight and at least on my computer when I look through a scope my vision gets brighter and it's easier to see in dark conditions. I usually walk/run aroun dwith my gun at the hip and when I think that there maybe an enemy nearby I shoulder my gun and get ready.

What doesn't kill you, can hurt really bad

R

Roland

Sergeant Horvath?.....
Were you on the Day of Defeat forum?

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
poor you

<A HREF="http://www.rlgaming.com" TARGET=_blank>
page

Reviewer, Contributing Columnist Real Life Gaming</A>

Newcomers please check here before asking questions that might allready have been answered,
a little effort goes a long way.

D

Death_Wish

I don't like Day of Defeat.

What doesn't kill you, can hurt really bad