CTF-Stonewall

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Well, I like the layout. It's very open...wide open spaces with narrow rooms and corridors. The "underground" intersection, which is the shortest route from flag to flag, has a super-powerup of random selection, which is nice. Weapon placement is OK...but the fact that if an attacker goes up the outside without a weapon, their first weapon will be a biorifle...which won't bode well if there's an attacker because the shock rifle is just up ahead. Ammo is in (over?)abundance, with 4 minigun, rocket and shock ammo in close vicinity. Only problem is the rocket ammo is several feet from the launcher, but you start with 21 rockets anyway so no big deal. Adrenaline is in short supply, which is a good thing in my view.

A couple quirks: there are some spots that lead to nowhere...extensions of a courtyard that just lead off to the side, raising questions about their intent. Certain corridors have entryways which, if you're not careful, you'll end up stuck between the doorway and the wall...particularly bad if you're a flag carrier. Outside the playing field the map looks unfinished: the walls are unlit and the ethereal purplish fog hides the lack of a skybox. The water extends beyond the outer wall as opposed to being contained within the wall...no big deal since you're playing within the wall anyway.

7 out of 10.

Last edited:

BigFolks

Apr 16, 2003
I miss ut99 because i remember it while it was new and people had priorities. Now i go in there it doesn't seem so populated like it was - (although it is sorta still populated). Besides i want to feel like i'm playing the game while it's "new". God somebody needs to smack me. I talk about stupid shyt