Question: Rotating Brushes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lanik

Nov 27, 1999
Austin, TX USA
www.austinfd.com
Hi,

I'm working on a level and I've read many tutorials on the net, but none of them I found say how to rotate a brush in a particular axis. How is this done?

I've tried many things and can only get the brush to rotate in the default (z?) axis.

Shagnasty

Dec 13, 1999
www.midnite-empire.de
I hope this is what you mean - I was having problems this evening, till I found out by accident:
Select the brush, click on the rotate brush icon, and hold down "Ctrl + Left Mouse Button" for one axis (don't know which one precisely), and "Ctrl + Right Mouse Button" for the other axis.

If that wasn't what you meant, sorry for wasting your time...

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
You can also hold down combinations of either the CRTL - ALT - SHIFT keys to rotate on different axis. Sorry I can't remember the exact combination, but if you play with it you'll find it. I found it by accident.

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

-Lizard Of Oz -aka- {PuF}Lizard

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
You can rotate them in the different windows. You can also change the rotation in the properties=>Movement=>Rotation. But it's a 65536 so 16384 is a 90 degree turn and 8192 is a 45 degree turn. Then again that's the hard way to do things. Just right click and drag, it's easier.